+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd Late Night Party

Odd Late Night Party

I met this Chinese lady three years ago. She runs a legitimate massage business. We have been in touch on and off.

She was engaged in May, due to get married in June (last month). She needed advice from me because she didn't want to go through with it. She then broke it off and we started going out.

Because of her line of work we only see each other at night - 8:30 or so. She stays over.

She is in the process of buying a house, so things are a little hectic. Anyway, Chinese people tend to borrow money from each other. She has been able to combine her savings with small loans from friends, and has put together almost enough money.

Today she said something strange. She said that she is going to a party with Vietnamese people at 11 PM(!) today, north of our city. That's when the party starts!

I think that is rather odd. Does anyone agree?
    Last edited by A Guy; 14-07-13 at 07:41 AM.

I don't know Vietnamese culture. But if she said she was heading to a party at 11pm with people who were Arabic, it would be totally normal.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

If by odd, you're asking whether we think something else is going on at this late night get together, it could be. Then again, perhaps the Vietnamese people own a business and will be partying after the business closes. What I find a little odd is that you're asking this question on this forum instead of asking her and why aren't you invited to this party. I can't tell, are you two in a serious relationship or not? If you're her boyfriend, you're entitled to know where she's going, especially that late at night. It doesn't appear, though, that she thinks you have that status or that right.

What do you care....she is an adult woman with a life....why are you questioning her going to a party?

I think she is going there to make bombs. You should call the CIA asap

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    i think she is going there to make bombs. You should call the cia asap
    bahahahaha.

lalalita Guest
    Anyway, a lot of parties start late at night. It's when grown people with jobs are off from work and have had time to go home and change/get ready to go out. 11pm isn't crazy.

Yeah it might be a swingers club, you better haul ass and find out WTF is going down ?

Why you didn't go with her? If she is dating you and staying over you should go together
    Are you sure is a legitimate massage business?
    I believe she is not being truthful. Asian - Chinese... do not borrow money I have several Asian friends and "money" is a very hot subject. Maybe she told you that so you gave her money and she got a house. Chinese believe that if you are dating them you have to pay all her expenses. It is up to you if you want to date somebody that you have to support and pay her way

I had an Asian girlfriend, party was at 7 - 8, Vietnamese work a lot they do not party late and always we went together. She wanted to "introduce" me to her friends. Maybe yours went to meet a "customer" or her ex. That behave is very odd.I paid everything in the relationship. I finally was tired of her money requests clothes,shoes, car etc. Find out who really gave her money.

Just by the fact you are asking might be something fishy. You got that feeling I believed. If she works until 8:30 and everyday How she get energy to go to a party at 11pm and why she will go without you when you both just started a relation. I am Asian and I am sorry but you better run as far as you can, she does NOT seem loyal. The "money" thing is also fishy I recognize that Asian women have great reputation in bed but I believe that depends of both persons involved. They usually act like angels at first but later they control your wallet and you all with their soft manners. Even I am Asian I am telling you it seems very odd. BTW we do not borrow money from friends.

As far as I know the Chinese culture is to give envelopes containing money for birthdays and New Year the same way 'we' give gifts for birthdays and Christmas - beyond that I've never heard of this 'borrowing' tendency of which the OP speaks, Chinese people invest, they don't lend - unless of course the debtor has a gambling addiction and the creditor happens to be a money lender.

I agree is odd. A Chinese that breaks her engagement and next night she is at your bed? What is your financial situation? if you are financially stable, she saw the opportunity there. Massage ? she will never will admit that place it is not legitimate, all the places are legitimate until .... you know, sorry but nobody borrow money. Why she did not go with you to a party? because it was not a party or she was looking a better prospect. You know the answer to your questions. Don't be foolish.

To me, it seems a little late if that's when the party's actually starting. But if it had started sooner, but some people would only be heading there at 11, that wouldn't seem odd. I'm also wondering why she wouldn't invite you along.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Why is partying at 11pm odd? Lol seems normal to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast