+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I ask this girl out?

How should I ask this girl out?

Ok, Some background information. I went to a concert with a girl the other day. (Talking to her for a good 2 months prior). And she and I both had a really good time and I want to ask her out again. She is a very chill person and from our conversations I can tell she has definitely been hurt before (I am not sure if this is from a personal relationship or other).

Anyway point being, I am not sure if I should ask her out on something serious (Like a dinner) Or something simple (Like a movie).

I would keep things light. Go on a walk to get ice cream. It's a lot shorter than the process of going to a concert, but you can talk as long as you'd like. All you really have to do is make it obvious ON the date that you are really interested and attracted to her, and that you want these things to continue. I always avoid movies because you don't really talk. And dinner is littered with expectations and questions, who pays, do you go dutch, do you pay to show her your'e serious, did I remember to pull the chair out for her, is she hitting on the waiter...a little silly but nerves can be high enough when you like someone, and dating nowadays isn't as cookie-cutter as tv makes it seem in the past. So long-story-short do something simple like a walk, or visiting a cool river or lake or beach or outdoor activity. I suppose a movie could be included in that but I always stay away from things that imply you will have to spend a predetermined amount of time together...these are the situations that seem to lead to lulls...I've never hit a lull when sitting and stargazing. Simplicity. Occam's razor style.

do something simple, that you believe she will like! invite in an open way