+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please Help! If Anyone Can Solve This, I'd Owe You Pretty Much Everything

Please Help! If Anyone Can Solve This, I'd Owe You Pretty Much Everything

This is a long question, but I seriously need help. I love this girl, it's such a detailed situation, but I'll give you the bare minimum. I've been attracted to her since I liked girls, and loved her as a sister for my entire life. I can't think of anyone I'd want to be with more, and I've known a lot of girls, even some much prettier.

I've known this girl for 10 years, our parents were/are really good friends with each other. Since we were 7-8. I'm a few days away from being 18 and she already is. When we were 10-13 she had a huge crush on me. I didn't like girls at that age and didn't feel the same. So we were just friends.
    I moved off when I was about to turn 14.

The entire time I knew her I was shy, skinny, never had a girlfriend (she never did either, until last year), push over, nice guy.

Fast forward through High School when I moved off as a freshman. I've changed, become way more confident, joined a gym and I'm in the best shape of my life. All thanks to being bullied and my parents going through a nasty divorce. I changed a lot.

The entire 4 years I've been away from her we hardly ever talked, and saw each other maybe three times a year at the most, for only one or two days at the most.
    I managed to get alone with her a few days ago and got the conversation on this girl who likes me but I don't like very much. I'll try and recreate this horrific conversation without smashing my keyboard at the stupid words that came out of my mouth:

me: "She has a huge crush on me and texts me constantly, I'm just too nice to tell her that I don't like her. She doesn't have good friends"
    her: "Yeah, she isn't that pretty! I don't know why guys like her all the time. It's weird"
    me:"You know, I've always had a crush on you, that's not weird is it?"
    her: "...."
    *insert awkward vibe here, for about two seconds
    me: "I didn't say anything before because I didn't want things to be awkward, but I think it's awkward to keep feelings inside. You don't know where you stand"
    her: "Like..now?"
    me: "I've always liked you"
    her: "That's not true! I had a huuge crush on you when we were like 12! haha, but you didn't like me then!"
    me:"Ok, maybe not that long, but a really long time.
    her: "We've known each other for so long, I see you as a brother. How long have we known each other?"
    me: "About 10 years haha"
    her: "haha"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -_-
    This is how I see it, she thinks of me as a brother, she has known me for a long time. I've changed, but haven't changed the way I act around her. She may have known me for a long time, but we have been out of contact for over 4 years. I'm not the same person she knew. I'm sure she isn't either, but I won't be able to move back there until at least one more year, and probably 3. My mom wants to move back, but my brother is going to be a sophomore in high school and she wants him to stay for that, and this year she is finishing her last year of school. I may be able to convince her to move sooner.

I need a way to escape the brotherzone with this girl, and from a long distance. If she sees me as a brother, how can I escape it! We never talk anyway so ignoring her won't work. I can't show her my personality by not interacting with her.

I do have a small, tiny advantage for a few days. I'm with her and some friends until Monday. Which means I have 5 days with her in person. What do I do? I was her first crush, and she fell for me super hard. She was so into me that our parents wouldn't leave us alone for years.
    She has acted like she likes me, then backs off hide it. Since I confessed to her, she has been ignoring me. I told her that "I didn't expect her to react so awkwardly and if she doesn't want to be anything more than friends, I'm fine with it. I don't want things to be awkward this week" So she agreed, and has been really friendly, telling me goodmorning (she's never done that), touched my arm, laughs at stuff I do, looks at me more (then looks away).

So how do I escape this brother-zone? It drives me crazy that a women can see a man is a brother!! I wouldn't want anymore MORE than someone I know that well! She isn't a 10, but she's so important to me that I'm in love with her.
    Last edited by Brotherzoned; 18-07-13 at 09:44 PM.

I have to stop getting her to think I am her friend. That could be easy, as every time I see her I feel super, crazy angry. I could beat the crap out of someone right now.. of course I don't let any of those feelings surface, I don't want to make her hate me, although I pretty much hate this version of her right now.

When I knew her as a friend, I didn't like her. I thought she would stop seeing me as a friend when we were out of contact for so long. Obviously that didn't work.

I need a way for her to think of me sexually, I want her to think of me screwing her. She used to talk dirty around me, when we were younger she'd say things like "Have you ever heard of (insert sex thing here)?" That was when were younger. I just need to get her back into that mindset. I need to remind her what she used to feel.

Should I make a joke around her and say something like, "You know this isn't so awkward. Remember that one time you asked me if I knew what a blowjob was? That was hilarious, or when you first found out how babies were made and you kept asking me if I knew. It was so awkward mom wouldn't even let me be near you alone" Then have something come up that I have to leave for, and walk off laughing.

I don't know. That's why I'm coming here. I feel like a freaking moron, but to hell with it. I'm anonymous right now, right?

You missed your opportunity 10 years ago. You've been direct already with her, so continue to be direct. Delete her from your life. Next time she contacts you, call her on the phone and tell her not to contact you anymore unless she wants to date you. End the call.

Move on dude. Its past. If you realy liked her you would try to at least kiss her in these years. Anything like that. Otherwise its just sick fantasies. She already made it clear that you are nothing to her. And now its extra hard to make her see the man in you cause I bet you afraid to take the risks and you are afraid to fail cause shes so important to you. Anyway you wasted years and was focusing on wrong shit anyway.

My advice go for a random girl that you think is atractive looking and this time just swith off the brains of and go back to basic things like kissing and hugging before these stupid brotherly feelings comes up that keeps you away from touching. And if you mess up so what? Theres a lot atractive girls to go around anyway.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I'm sure as shit not her brother.

I'm letting this bitch know exactly how I feel about her.
    Leading me on, acting like she cares about me. She has never once messaged me first in FOUR YEARS since I moved! She has the nerve to tell me I'm her brother? She responds to my messages two weeks later, or doesn't at all, but when she does !!!! : I want to see you! I'll make sure not to be so busy next time
    blah blah blah

twirling her hair around, biting her lip, but you know her. That's how she treats her brothers.

Id say your brotherzoned for life with this girl. Find another girl and be more aggressive

Once you are in the friendzone, you NEVER get out.