+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you a dog or a cat person?

Are you a dog or a cat person?

Here's a silly test if you are bored, lol.

http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-are-you-a-cat-or-dog-test

Not only which do you prefer more as a household pet, but do you feel you have the characteristic of one over the other?
    I have a cat but also love dogs ( we have had both at home), I think I share the outgoing, pleasing aspects of a dog, carefree and wanting to enjoy life, but I also have the do my own thing, want to be alone at times like a cat can be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

The only quote I would ever take from Daniel Tosh....

"There's only one thing better than the cutest cat in the world. Any Dog."

I will hit you up with thanks when it returns on my account, boos even rep won't let me+ you.

But haha on that quote. I like that cats you can leave at home while you work and don't have to worry about what was torn apart, eaten and big dumps and piddles on the floor. They are awesome that way but very stand offish and dogs are always wanting to love us, be with us, enjoy life with us. More like a good friend.

I've owned and loved both cats and dogs. As for my personality, I'm an introvert - which makes me feel that I'd be a cat.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Cats...............

Quote Originally Posted by sadbunnyface View Post
    I will hit you up with thanks when it returns on my account, boos even rep won't let me+ you.

But haha on that quote. I like that cats you can leave at home while you work and don't have to worry about what was torn apart, eaten and big dumps and piddles on the floor. They are awesome that way but very stand offish and dogs are always wanting to love us, be with us, enjoy life with us. More like a good friend.
    You have never met my cat....she follows me everywhere, sits with me, she comes when she is called...even when she is outside she just comes running, she is a huge attention whore, wants to cuddle all the time, sleeps with me, barges into the bathroom when I'm on the toilet, hangs out with me when I'm in the yard, taps me on the face when it's time to get up, we spoon in bed, talks to us when we get home.....better than any dog I've ever had. Oh and she just loves people....she will go right up to a stranger on the street for a pet.
    Last edited by smackie9; 20-07-13 at 06:27 AM.

A dog person all the way. Have two dogs right now.

I love both cats and dogs. But for some reason, I attract dogs. When I walk past a dog, the dog (not mine) would come up to me and be all over me.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Both. For the longest time I hated cats, but I adopted a stray last year and I love her. I think it's so cool how cats are so vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You have never met my cat....she follows me everywhere, sits with me, she comes when she is called...even when she is outside she just comes running, she is a huge attention whore, wants to cuddle all the time, sleeps with me, barges into the bathroom when I'm on the toilet, hangs out with me when I'm in the yard, taps me on the face when it's time to get up, we spoon in bed, talks to us when we get home.....better than any dog I've ever had. Oh and she just loves people....she will go right up to a stranger on the street for a pet.
    I want your cat. Tradies? My is a be alone, lick sleep type. Only comes around if they want food, or some attention, and they hate to be picked up, the bracing foot shoots right out. The o/n howls are pretty loud too, think it was seeing intruders or ghosts each night, timed like clockwork, lol. Yours sounds like a little doggie. That is the kind of cat to have. Was yours a shelter one, farm one, or pet store one?

I have both a dog and a cat.

Nah... that's a total misconception about cats.

Our cats get upset with us if we're gone for a few days. Once I spent more than a week in California, and one of our cats wouldn't "talk" to me for three friggin' months. I got the cold shoulder from her... seriously. She's the one that likes to sleep in the house most of the time, wants attention and now that my wife and I have opposite schedules, she tries to get me to get into bed if we're both home and wifey's sleepin'. Wifey says she does the same to her when she's home and I'm sleepin'.

The other cat - mostly an outdoor cat. Comes inside to eat, but rarely stays in the house... He's much more standoffish than his sister, much more aloof, but every now and then he comes in and demands attention.

I like dogs fine, I've owned dogs, but as far as a housemate, I'll take a quiet clean cat any day.

This is wrong.

Cat...and Bunny after seeing your pics.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    This is wrong.
    I was hoping someone would point that out sometime XD!

I love both cats and dogs, but I like cats more. It's totally not true that they are heartless and cold - each of them has a different personality, but they are all clean and can look after themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast