+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When is this horrible feeling of anxiety and depression going to go away?

When is this horrible feeling of anxiety and depression going to go away?

I know I want to move on from my ex. That's something I wasn't quite ready to do even 3 months ago, but now I am cause I simply don't want to hurt anymore.

I've cut off contact with him, he's been trying to talk to me for the last few weeks. I keep thinking about him, and seem to want his attention on some level. but when he talks to me, I just feel too disgusted to talk to him.

It makes no sense at all! If I'm sick of him, don't want to talk to him. WHY does part of me still care and feel so devastated that it's over?

I've never been more confused in my life.

My anxiety has been getting bad again over the past month..

I have panic attacks daily. I'm so sick of it. I don't know why this is happening or what to do.

It's like this horrible time in my life won't heal, won't go away.. I've been through so much already. One hospital visit due to a nervous breakdown over him last summer that got me on anti-depressants.. but the pain just won't stop even with help from the antidepressants... I'm losing hope.

Could it be that the devastation is not so much about missing him - but more about losing a dream?

I haven't looked at your history, but are you receiving ongoing psychological help?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Could it be that the devastation is not so much about missing him - but more about losing a dream?

I haven't looked at your history, but are you receiving ongoing psychological help?
    I did therapy once last year, It didn't help that much. but I don't really have the money to afford more of it.

If it comes down to losing hopes and dreams just in itself (which I know is a huge part of it), why does he still evoke so much emotion from me? That is what I wonder.

Hon, with a history of daily panic attacks, anxiety, a nervous breakdown and depression which isn't reacting to meds - you need a lot more than we can provide here on the internet. And just one therapy session isn't going to help. Besides, you don't need a therapist - you need a psychiatrist and ongoing help.

Go back to your doctor and ask for advice on how to find a psychiatrist who does affordable payments or see if you qualify for some type of financial assistance. Or ask your parents if they can help.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

My medication does work in ridding of some of the anxiety, but it doesn't completely, that's how bad it is right now.

I know that what I'm going through is still part of some grieving process, but even so, it seems like this situation with him can make or break my over all mood for weeks at a time.. and I thought at this point, since I avoid talking to him, and can't even think about anymore (other than in disgust) this anxiety over him would just go away. but it hasn't, and I don't know why...

Something about him is still making me upset. I wondered if anyone else has been at this point during a break up and can relate to how it felt?

you need to take pills

You are very smart for cutting contact finally with him.. Continue with that and try to be positive. I'm sure you will feel alot better in a Couple more months of no contact.. These last few months really don't count because you've been in contact with him so u haven't been able to start getting over him yet. You feel disgusted because u know u are not for eachother and u know u should stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    You are very smart for cutting contact finally with him.. Continue with that and try to be positive. I'm sure you will feel alot better in a Couple more months of no contact.. These last few months really don't count because you've been in contact with him so u haven't been able to start getting over him yet. You feel disgusted because u know u are not for eachother and u know u should stay away.
    Thank you, I appreciate your response..it puts some things into perspective.

are you sure that he's not the right person for you? it's important to understand it, because the smallest doubt can leave us in anxiety or stress. In my opinion, before to braek up , we MUST be sure that all the way to be happy have been walked. Maybe your problem is a non total certainty of it.

however, you should find hobbies or better sports. they can be distract yourself about it, and sport as running or cycling or boxe can kick out your stress and unease!

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedSad View Post
    I know I want to move on from my ex. That's something I wasn't quite ready to do even 3 months ago, but now I am cause I simply don't want to hurt anymore.

I've cut off contact with him, he's been trying to talk to me for the last few weeks. I keep thinking about him, and seem to want his attention on some level. but when he talks to me, I just feel too disgusted to talk to him.

It makes no sense at all! If I'm sick of him, don't want to talk to him. WHY does part of me still care and feel so devastated that it's over?

I've never been more confused in my life.

My anxiety has been getting bad again over the past month..

I have panic attacks daily. I'm so sick of it. I don't know why this is happening or what to do.

It's like this horrible time in my life won't heal, won't go away.. I've been through so much already. One hospital visit due to a nervous breakdown over him last summer that got me on anti-depressants.. but the pain just won't stop even with help from the antidepressants... I'm losing hope.
    Hey,

This horrible time will go away. Just give it time OK. Try relaxing exercises and keep yourself busy doing things that make you happy. What you are feeling right now is completely normal. It's just a phase of breakups. If possible, try to get therapy as well.

There are a lot of ways to temper anxiety.. and I've dealt with it for much of my life, and have been able to take care of the majority of it without the need of medication.

Anxiety that isn't related to specific chemicals is truly related to your thought process..... and healing starts with how you think. Control the mind and the body will follow.

Exercise will help with this... when you're anxious a walk or a run is a good starting place...

There are some books you can read.. books that have helped me in more ways then just anxiety..

Take solace in friends and faith if thats your kind of thing...

Otherwise... therapy will help... as will groups associated specifically with anxiety. You can PM for details related to the books or anything else.