+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Condoms

Condoms

How soon do you think after you're in a relationship is it okay not to use condoms? We stopped using them after a few months. At the time he didn't have any, so we had sex anyway and I felt closer to him as if it was a step up in our relationship. Do yo u all think there is a timeframe for having sex raw and do you feel closer to your mate? I think my man would be offended if I told him to wear one after all this time. Do women seem easy if it's the first time? Do married people really use condoms. I don't get that either.

easy answer. 1. when you are confident that you are using another effective form of birth control and 2. when you are confident that you are in a committed relationship that you are likewise confident that the partner is "free" of sexually contracted diseases. I have not used a condom in years and to me there is nothing better than the feeling of letting loose inside a woman. The love making makes me feel closer to my wife, the orgasm just makes me feel good.

People who are married mainly wear condoms if the woman is not on birth control and they are trying to avoid having babies. After a few months, when you know you have a strong relationship I think it's okay to stop wearing them, as long as you are using some other forms of birth control. My and I don't use them often, but sometimes we do of we're tired and don't feel like cleaning up a mess.

It requires a lot of trust not to use condoms. The last thing you want or need is to catch a disease off a cheating partner or to get pregnant and have a baby with a man who will run at the first sign of trouble.

I would say a few months in is too early. A few years for a condom-less relationship would be more ideal. And you should discuss boundaries, infidelity and honesty first. If I caught anything off a man I would cut his dick off and I would make sure he is aware of that.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Fortunately I have rarely used them. Before I married my wife, the first time we did the condom broke and she revealed she was using a diaphragm. We never used one again after that. With my current partner, we used them for about 3 months. She has had her tubes tied so pregnancy was never an issue. It was for STD's only. After about three months the condom broke once, and we just stopped using them after that. It seems like there wasn't much point anymore and we developed a level of trust.

When I was 18 and had my first girlfriend, she was 17 and already on birth control pills. I was a virgin so STD's were not an issue for her, and I just didn't care. We broke up after 9 months, but I was already spoiled on not using condoms.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Fortunately I have rarely used them. Before I married my wife, the first time we did the condom broke and she revealed she was using a diaphragm. We never used one again after that. With my current partner, we used them for about 3 months. She has had her tubes tied so pregnancy was never an issue. It was for STD's only. After about three months the condom broke once, and we just stopped using them after that. It seems like there wasn't much point anymore and we developed a level of trust.

When I was 18 and had my first girlfriend, she was 17 and already on birth control pills. I was a virgin so STD's were not an issue for her, and I just didn't care. We broke up after 9 months, but I was already spoiled on not using condoms.
    What about when you were cheating on your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    What about when you were cheating on your wife?
    I don't cheat when I am in a relationship. There was a time when she left me and moved out for other reasons. During that time, I don't consider it cheating and I practiced safer sex with a handful of others. We reconciled after that and continued where we left off for a couple more years before we eventually divorced.

I am really bad at lying, so I don't try to be deceptive. It isn't worth the stress it causes me and the pain it inflicts on others.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    I don't cheat when I am in a relationship. There was a time when she left me and moved out for other reasons. During that time, I don't consider it cheating and I practiced safer sex with a handful of others. We reconciled after that and continued where we left off for a couple more years before we eventually divorced.

I am really bad at lying, so I don't try to be deceptive. It isn't worth the stress it causes me and the pain it inflicts on others.
    Sorry I thought you said before that you are a serial cheat. I must have misunderstood. It is great that you are not a cheat

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki XoXo View Post
    How soon do you think after you're in a relationship is it okay not to use condoms? We stopped using them after a few months. At the time he didn't have any, so we had sex anyway and I felt closer to him as if it was a step up in our relationship. Do yo u all think there is a timeframe for having sex raw and do you feel closer to your mate? I think my man would be offended if I told him to wear one after all this time. Do women seem easy if it's the first time? Do married people really use condoms. I don't get that either.
    In your case, Nicki since you're one of two women sharing one penis, you should always have him wear one. BTW: 'trust' has absolutely nothing to do with when partners should choose to stop protecting their junk in this day and age. If either of you have had more then one partner you should not remove your death shield until both of you have been tested twice in a one year period with clean results both times. There are many STD/STI that can go undetected for long periods of time.. A man can carrie the HPV virus and not even know it. Cervical cancer is a good reason not to take chances. There are many menand women who"don't care (our OP is a prime example of that) if they catch anything but forget that if they do, they can transfer it to their next future ex.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-07-13 at 11:05 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Why do you feel the need to insult me every single time that I make a post. You're trying to make me live in my guilt and it's not working. He's my boyfriend. Soon to be husband. I don't even know what you are talking about at this point. Yes I was "sharing" a dick if that's what you want to call it, but that's in the past and my test came back ALL clear, thank you very much.

Is this your married lover that is now your boyfriend? Did he leave his wife for you is that who your "bf" is or is this a new guy who is your bf? If it is your married bf then of course you should wear rubbers, don't you agree? No matter who "he" happens to be, Good to hear you tested negative, how about him? If he did and you're exclusive.. then that's a good time to stop using rubbers.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 24-07-13 at 06:39 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If we are in a committed relationship and 1)I'm on birth control, which I do stay on and 2)If I trust that I am the only person he is messing around with. It's a privilege that got to be earned, a guy is not just going to run up in me raw like that. Yeah it feels better, especially if I'm on top and I come on him and I feel more attached to the guy. People got to be careful these days. A girl can have an std and mistake it for a yeast infection or something. It can be hard for a female to detect it.

Also even if we are together and don't use condoms and I'm on birth control, I don't like for a guy to come in me all the time, every single time. Every now and then but constantly? I don't think so. So what if their blanks.

Wakeup, you have a serious problem. What difference does it makes? He's my boyfriend but yes we are officially together. You act as if it's your husband.

As long as 2 people are honest with one another about being in a monogamous relationship and the women is using birth control of some sort, then don't use a condom if you don't want to. Of course, get tested for STD's too before. Just have an honest conversation about everything...go get tested together. There is no time frame. Just be careful and smart.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just for clarification, I don't really care if you choose to use a condom or not, but you should know that just because your STD tests came back negative, that doesn't mean you are disease-free (nor your boyfriend). Certain STDs can only be tested for in the presence of symptoms, and STD testing doesn't include EVERY possible STD, just the ones that are most commonly circulating. Ask your doctor what SPECIFICALLY you were tested for.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?