+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love at first sight????

Love at first sight????

I met this guy about a week an a half ago on the internet, we found out that we had gone to the same school a few years ago. Anyways, we met eachother one night and it was instant attraction. I feel in love with him from the beginning. Then a couple of days ago he told me that he was falling in love with me. We talked more about it later on and I said I love you to him. He said it back. So you are probably wondering what the problem is. I've been hurt so many times that I am afraid of putting my heart out there again to get crushed. If he even seems remotely upset, I get worried. Its driving me crazy. I'm supposed to see him tonight and I talked to him last night on the phone. He was not talking very much, but he did tell me he was tired. Anyways, today will be two days since we had seen eachother. We saw eachother every day up till two days ago. So maybe I am just worried because I haven't seen him in two days??? I don't know. He gets along great with my family and they love him. Everything seems so perfect when I'm with him. Then when I'm not I'm afraid he is bored with me or doesn't like me anymore. Please help!!! Tell me if I'm worrying too much or if he is just messing around.

u're just worrying too much.
    this happens, asking him about the situation might help [ it just worked for me ..hehehe! ]

dun rush, rush = not good

it maybe love at 1st sight, it maybe others.

regardless which ever is it, you both felt the same, give each other some space too.

everyone is scare to have their hearts crushed again, so do i, but still, don't put in everything in 1 go.
    ( ._.)(._. ) *meow meow* ( ._.)(._. )

Re: Love at first sight????

You both seem to use the word “love” then extremely loosely if you have said it to one another in two weeks time. And the key here is – he said it first and this quickly… he has something up else going on in his head or is confused himself.

I believe you when you say there was an “instant attraction,” but looking at it logically, it can not be anything more than an attraction and a basic liking of one another. There is no way on God’s great Earth you can love him and he you. You just freaking met! Like the other poster said: “rush, rush = not good” cus it’s not. I bet that is how you got hurt before too? Learn to take it slow emotionally and physically. Men tend to try and rush things emotionally with women to help a girl equate a level of emotion with physical sides of a relationship. Since women tend to take emotion more into account than most men do.

Lets say you are a rarely and have morals and told him that you want to wait (I’m talking about sex and other things)… he knows then that you link emotion more with him getting some action of any degree.

I don’t want to give you my definition of love, so I just went and picked up my Webster Dictionary. “Love is defined as: a strong and founded affection based on dedicated admiration, benevolence, or common interests, warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion; feeling of unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another.”

You don’t know each other well enough to have love. You just met. You were not friends and talking for a year lets say in a technology or art class or something in school or work where you knew one another well as friend. If anything, you are just friends now who have a common interest in getting to know each other…

WOW… everyday?? Yep… space is needed. You both have your own lives don’t you? Do you have a security problem with not seeing himr frequently? Do you freak when you don’t see or talk to another for a day or so? Actually, have you been like this with most ppl you have dated? (that’s a good question to ask yourself) Slow down and chill girl. Both be mature and step back and look at everything logically, then let those emotions pour on in Cus otherwise—hurt may happen again.

One of my best friends--- she went threw 3 relationships in a row that started out like yours have… one was 3 months, the other 5 and the last one over a year… and in the end… all the guys admitted they were using her. She is a nice girl and does not desire it. They even had me fooled--- and I’m a guy. Most guys brag about that kind of stuff. Oh how I hate my own gender. Lol. Wow I sure have went on and on… hope my rambling helps you. No matter how sweet he may be, how nice he seems, it has only been a few weeks. You in reality still don’t know him. Later.
    Last edited by canuhearmenow; 30-08-03 at 04:26 AM.

Be careful. I'm always skeptical of individuals who are willing to throw around the word "LOVE" so casually. You must ask yourself how many people he has said this to and why does he need to express it so soon. What insecurities are hiding behind this facade?