+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I acted stupid?

I think I acted stupid?

I pretty much dumped my girlfriend. She was telling me about how she had a dream that a guy she slept with once knocked her up. I got very irritated and she told me it was just a dream, but I told her it must be a result of having feelings for him or something along those lines. Because 2 weeks before the dream HE CONTACTED HER ASKING HER TO COME OVER! She said NO but know who knows what the truth is. Part of me feels like I was way out of line but why the **** would she dream of that. She should not be dreaming of him. I have had zero sexual dreams of any girl since I got with her. To bad she can't be the same

You sound angry because you are hurt by her dream. You shouldn't react harshly out of anger. It was just a dream....and it doesn't sound like it was some sexual fantasy dream...it was a dream about getting knocked up. Sometimes dreams are not literal. You should talk to her again when you aren't so upset.

Following on from Maple, yes - you could talk to her again. But it's possible she may not take you back
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I believe in dreams we see things thats missing in our life. Dreams are naturaly made for brains to rest better. Not like shes missing the other guy but she might miss the adventure, variety.

You acted insecure. If she told you about dream that means she trust you. And she paid price for trusting psyho. People cant control their dreams. So why should she be responsible about something thats outside her control?

When guy contactet her she said no. There is no love in this answer she had control at that moment and she did the right thing.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

We cannot control what we dream about. And it doesnt mean she wants him.

You reacted badly and you need to apologize. If she takes you back, then you need to let it go and NOT bring it up again.

But she shouldnt be telling you about these stupid dreams either
    Last edited by michelle23; 24-07-13 at 06:32 PM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

seems to me you are way too jealous and insecure. you should probably not be in a relationship with anyone until you work on and these issues and make real progress. otherwise you'll just be miserable (from jealousy) in any relationship and make your partner miserable, too (from having to deal with your jealousy).

it is possible to change. my boyfriend before he met me used to be similar with his girlfriends and he said it was constant misery and anxiety. he read about codependency and transformed his way of thinking. it allowed him to have much healthier and happier relationships.