+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Maybe I'm the problem?

Maybe I'm the problem?

My love life has been a failure ever since. But let's just start with last year, I've been involved with 3 guys, and none became serious. Always the same thing. They like me first, I reciprocate, they go away. Okay, so for the first two (not at the same time), I was starting to fall just when things fell apart. I was being very careful and was still sorting my feelings. So love was not really there yet. For the last one, it just happened. I fell, and I fell hard. He hardly even talked and saw me, but I was in love, at the same time I couldn't get rid off the fact that I'm just waiting as usual for the other shoe to fall off. I've been always in it for the real thing, never just to play around. I want someone to give love to. My intentions are in the right place. I began to think that maybe I'm the problem. I ask them, so that if there's something wrong with me or how I handle romance, I could work on it. But they always tell me that I'm fine. I have several suitors, never ran out, modesty aside. But I just can't seem to like those who court me. People say I should just go out with one of my suitors. But somehow, they just don't meet my standards. Though I know they're sincere, and they're very persistent.

This is actually about to drive me nuts. I don't know what to do. I'm tired, really
    I divert my attention to other things, but my thoughts always wind back to love.
    I'm 18, by the way.

look up co-dependency. It sounds like you give and give while they take and take and you never know when to say "enough is enough" and walk away.

You need to set your standards higher.

Your only 18 though. You have a lot of growing to do and each experience will teach you more about you and what you want/need in a man. Your young so just enjoy dating, dont expect anything to serious and have fun. If it happens, it happens.

Just dont allow anyone to hurt you or to treat you badly. One chance and if he screws up-hes out!
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Your only 18... I didn't have my first bf til I was 21. It lasted 4 months. I'm going to be 23 next month and I've been with my current boyfriend for almost 10 months and picture bein with him for years to come. It was the first time a guy actually pursued me and really stuck with me. I really don't know the answer on how and where to find the right guy.
    I think it's just luck. Being at the right place with the right guy. There's no way to force love and I know sometimes It seems real with these guys youve been hanging out with but it's just not. Real love is hard to come by and when the guy for u comes along, and wants you in his life long term, hold onto him

I went through the same thing when I was around your age. It seem like I just went through a lot of pointless guys but that's all a part of growing up and realizing who you are as a person. If the guys are your age then that explains a lot about the level their on and maturity. Young guys take a while to settle sometimes and I learned not to expect certain things from them....except respect of course...at that age because we mature faster then them. Also, maybe you need to think about why you're attracting these kind of losers. Like the type of vibe you're putting off.

Thank you so much

Thank you so much. That gives me a lot to think about.