+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not invited to friends wedding at a park

Not invited to friends wedding at a park

Theres this wedding that a friend from church is having and everyone is talking about it but I have not gotten an invitiation. I asked about it and they said the date and that it was at such and such a park and I was wondering if I could just show up at the park wedding without an invitiation? It seems to be a fairly large wedding and most of the people going are people I know as well as the bride and groom.
    And I seem to be the only one at my church not invited. I have asked people what time it is and they dont remember. They made a guess of 10 or 11.

If you are concerned about it, I would just ask the bride and groom if you are invited. I wouldn't just show up....

No. You should not show up without an invitation. You could try to reach out to the bride if your cool with her to see if you could come, although I probably wouldn't but you could. She may tell you that you can come to the wedding but not the reception if she has a certain amount of people she's expecting. I've heard of that happening before.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Keep in mind that simply knowing the bride and groom doesn't automatically obligate them to invite you to a wedding, and surely not EVERYONE from your church was invited. Weddings are expensive, and there has to be a point at which the guest list is complete; it's not personal.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You need to ask the bride or groom..

I have a friend who is getting married in two weeks. We were very close friends up until he met his future bride but have grown somewhat distant since then. I did not get an invitation to his wedding and am actually relieved because I honestly cant stand her anyway. perhaps they picked up on that, lol. Your invitation either got lost in the mail or you did not make the cut for who they wanted at their wedding. Just because people that you know mutually with the bride and groom are going does not mean you should have been on the list too. I think is a bit tacky to ask if you are invited, or to be invited, or just show up. If I were you I would simply send a nice card to the happy couple congratulating them (no invite = no gift) and forget about it. If you really want to be a part of any celebrating then find out where everybody is hanging out AFTER the reception and maybe meet up there but even doing that is probably not a good idea.

It's not like their family to you or anything so yeah, you should brush it off. I wouldn't ask personally, or send a gift or anything. I would just act like its nothing because it really wouldn't be nothing to me. Just congrats them when you see them. That's it.

If the wedding is in a public place (park or church), you can go and observe. However, you can't attend the reception uninvited.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I would go. After all its just a park - a public place. SInce you spoke with them and they told you date... IF you not sure then invide yourself - bring a gift with you. After all its wedding, they wouldnt make a drama if theres one person too much. And they will think that someone invided you. Or that you missunderstood that you are invided. Everyone will be drunk anyway. Even if you not sure forget all the reasons why it wont work and stick with one why it will. Like they saying in church - who not against us are with us. So dont be against them. You have no rights in this special day to stand aside.

Please delete this thread.