+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed signals/confused

Mixed signals/confused

Been chatting with a girl I've know for about 10 years. We have gone out together as friends a ton of times and she used to be very into me. So recently we've been chatty again. She says things like I know you're whole family we should get married, asks me to buy her stuff, wants to drive down 6 hours to visit, asked me to come visit etc... Issue is she has a boyfriend. She is complaining about him being annoying and drinking too much

Any ideas? Does it sound like she's into me or not because of the complaining?

She is looking for an out from her current relationship. She prob. already knows you like her, so you are an easy rebound and distraction. Don't go visit her. You can be a friend to her long distance and let her know that you aren't interested in anything more than friendship with her until she no longer has a boyfriend. Do you really want to be the back-up guy?

Its called an emotional affair. Your a distraction and a rebound-thats all. Dont fall for it. You will be the one to get hurt coz she will run back to him
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    She is looking for an out from her current relationship. She prob. already knows you like her, so you are an easy rebound and distraction. Don't go visit her. You can be a friend to her long distance and let her know that you aren't interested in anything more than friendship with her until she no longer has a boyfriend. Do you really want to be the back-up guy?
    No I don't wanna be the backup guy...she said just now she might separate with him

Yer going to end up being a rebound guy. She will A. dump you after she realizes she wasn't that into you, or B. she goes back to her ex BF.

Dude she is just using you for her emotional tampon...once she done with you she's gonna toss you out. You are best to back off and not believe this talk of marriage and a future because that's all it is, is talk and you should never believe it to be a promise.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Yer going to end up being a rebound guy. She will A. dump you after she realizes she wasn't that into you, or B. she goes back to her ex BF.

Dude she is just using you for her emotional tampon...once she done with you she's gonna toss you out. You are best to back off and not believe this talk of marriage and a future because that's all it is, is talk and you should never believe it to be a promise.
    hahaah i dont actually believe any of it. I thought it was quite bizarre that she would say something like that. We've been good friends for nearly 10 years now but nothing actually came of it. Although at a time she wanted it to be more. I just find this whole thing odd and dont wanna get screwed

Just as a follow up the girl is coming to visit this weekend. Anything to watch out for? Not going to push for anything or make any moves