+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How far do you agree with beauty in a woman is a prerequisite?

How far do you agree with beauty in a woman is a prerequisite?

I don't want any of this crap like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" (total nonsense) and "there are other qualities to consider, not just beauty" (YEAH right).

Men, just give me your honest opinions when you see women. How far do you judge them on looks? Why do you hate ugly woman such as myself?

How far do you base a woman's worth on her looks?

I want honest answers.

Look, no one is going to know you've posted in this thread. Just let out what you really think. I don't want to be lied to anymore.

If a girl is not at least moderately pretty, she may as well not exist. Simple fact, because no boy would ever look at her and therefore her existence is worthless.

Watch this video. It's of Dustin Hoffman, a very famous American actor, speaking on just this topic. He even starts to cry...it's sweet really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPAat-T1uhE

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or beer holder, depending on your point of view but either inner or outer beauty is essential for attraction to happen. But lets face it the outer beauty Is most often what gets you noticed. Put a 125lb attractive woman with no personality in a bar next to a 125lb woman that looks like road kill but with an amazing personality and I can guarantee which one will get noticed and asked out first.

Quote Originally Posted by academicgirl View Post
    If a girl is not at least moderately pretty, she may as well not exist. Simple fact, because no boy would ever look at her and therefore her existence is worthless.
    Yes, physical beauty can be an advantage...but not all of the time. Our physical bodies are only a means for us to maneuver around in this life. Physical appearance is largely a reflection of our emotional state. What's inside is manifested by our physical appearance. I don't believe anyone is truly "ugly".

You sound like you need to work on what's going on inside your head. Don't be so harsh on yourself...a lot of people, not just men, have an aversion to negativity that they sense from another person. We can innately feel it. That negative energy is weak and turns people off....that is much more of a powerful turn-off than any physical aspect of someone. I can feel your negativity come through your words above. I'm sorry you feel this down on yourself at the moment.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 02-08-13 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by horndog View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or beer holder, depending on your point of view but either inner or outer beauty is essential for attraction to happen. But lets face it the outer beauty Is most often what gets you noticed. Put a 125lb attractive woman with no personality in a bar next to a 125lb woman that looks like road kill but with an amazing personality and I can guarantee which one will get noticed and asked out first.
    Thing is, there is no objective beauty - a person can adhere more or less closely to the currently accepted beauty standards, that's all.

The "more attractive" (i.e. the one whose appearance is closer to the currently accepted beauty standards) and personality-less woman may get more attention, but it's unlikely that she will end up in a good relationship. She may get asked out more, she may even have more casual sex, but she is unlikely to be "kept" for a long-term relationship (provided her personality actually is that bad). The other woman ("plain-looking" according to currently accepted beauty standards, but with a great personality) may get asked out less, but when somebody does ask her out it's probably because they really like her and they don't get blocked by the fact that her appearance isn't close to society's beauty standards. In a way, being less attractive (in the sense of being less close to the currently accepted beauty standards) can actually be an asset, since it naturally weeds out a lot of shallow guys.

Watch the video I posted!!! It's short and perfect on this topic.

I saw it and liked it. A lot of men are blocked by society's standards, which is sad. A lot of other men aren't, though :-).

I find the majority of females at least somewhat physically attractive, so other things become more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Watch the video I posted!!! It's short and perfect on this topic.
    I watched it and I like Dustin Hoffman but unfortunately most guys don't think like that

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    I find the majority of females at least somewhat physically attractive, so other things become more important.
    Surely you would prefer the more beautiful girls though?

1. I doubt you are as ugly as you say you are. I am sorry that you feel that way, hopefully when you're older you will realise that you have nice features.
    2. Even if you are "plain", some men will find you attractive, and also like your personality, sense of humour, interests etc.
    3. Not all men are the same. They are individuals with preferences, not a collective with similar ideals. Yes, some only like attractive women, but there will be plenty who value looks and (if not more) other factors. I think it depends on their maturity.

So please don't give up on yourself, yet. You should focus on having more confidence in yourself and recognising what you do have to offer.

I'm not sure how old you are but as you are close to your 20s you will realise what I'm saying as it's in your teenage years where you feel everything is dominated by looks, but it really isn't. Perhaps you're meeting the wrong type of people if this is what you feel all of the time?

Anyway so I've rambled on but best of luck.

Why would they "prefer" them if they didn't have as much in common with them as another girl? Most people don't form relationships based on how they think others will perceive their relationship, if they do, that is for the wrong reasons.

There aren't any universal reasons why people form relationships.

Surely he would prefer the girls he thinks are more beautiful :-).

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverLover View Post
    1. I doubt you are as ugly as you say you are. I am sorry that you feel that way, hopefully when you're older you will realise that you have nice features.
    I've been told that I am explicitly.

2. Even if you are "plain", some men will find you attractive, and also like your personality, sense of humour, interests etc.
    It's not that I'm plain, it's because I'm ugly in the actual sense of the word. Even I think I'm ugly. I'd kill to be plain.

3. Not all men are the same. They are individuals with preferences, not a collective with similar ideals. Yes, some only like attractive women, but there will be plenty who value looks and (if not more) other factors. I think it depends on their maturity.
    I don't think so. Did you read about the Cambridge article where there was one male undergraduate that said one of the best things about studying at Cambridge is now you can judge on looks? (Because by default everyone there is intelligent).

So please don't give up on yourself, yet. You should focus on having more confidence in yourself and recognising what you do have to offer.
    Sometimes I feel that irrespective of what I "have to offer", it's worthless because I'm not pretty. What about the other girls who are better than me AND more prettier as well?

I'm not sure how old you are but as you are close to your 20s you will realise what I'm saying as it's in your teenage years where you feel everything is dominated by looks, but it really isn't. Perhaps you're meeting the wrong type of people if this is what you feel all of the time?
    It's the same wherever I go. You meet amazing people that you can never ever have a chance with because you're ugly. And you hate yourself because of it. You can never have the guy you want because you're so ****ing ugly. I hate that.

Anyway so I've rambled on but best of luck.
    Thanks for you words. I try and stay optimistic, but it's hard

Why would they "prefer" them if they didn't have as much in common with them as another girl? Most people don't form relationships based on how they think others will perceive their relationship, if they do, that is for the wrong reasons.

There aren't any universal reasons why people form relationships.
    It's not just about relationships. It's also about sex.

When guys see me, I want guys to think "I would have sex with that". That would make me happy.

Sure, I would love to think I'm "relationship material", but I also want the knowledge that I'm worthy of having sex with guys.

To feel an orgasm with a guy you want must be (one of the) best things ever. And I can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Surely he would prefer the girls he thinks are more beautiful :-).
    But I'm extremely ugly no boy would even think I'm beautiful.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast