+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this a good idea?

Is this a good idea?

So there's this girl
    We are colleagues in university for two years, she knew me before but I only know her for 3 weeks...there are not a lot of guys in my university and I don't go to class very often...
    So we talked a bit, we went out one evening, great conversations, I brought her home and I tried to kiss her (first date, I know, don't yell)
    She kinda backed off and told me it is not that easy for her since she has a boyfriend for 4 years ... I don't know what kind of relationship they have/had, she always texts and calls me for no reason. Every day.
    After one week we went out again, we went into a park at one point, sitting on a bench she put her head on my shoulder, asked me to tell a story, held my hand in hers.
    Walked her home, made no move, that was it.
    Since than, we talk daily, but for the summer we live in different cities, so we didn't see each other anymore.
    So. Tomorrow it's her birthday, she'll be in my city in the evening
    I want to send her flowers. Is it a good idea? She is turning 21 and we know each other for 21 days tomorrow. Is it a good idea if I buy her 21 flowers?
    Should I send them to her place? Or go in the evening when she is home and give them myself...like a short visit, at the door (she will be with her best friend at her sister's place so I have an accomplice ), give her the flowers and a note and then go away..

Thanks

She has a bf. Tell her to contact you if/when shes single again. Your having an emotional affair right now. Your just a distraction/rebound. Shes too spineless to either fix her relationship with bf or leave. Your the backup plan and its the cowards way out. If she will do this with you, she will do the same thing to you
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    She has a bf. Tell her to contact you if/when shes single again. Your having an emotional affair right now. Your just a distraction/rebound. Shes too spineless to either fix her relationship with bf or leave. Your the backup plan and its the cowards way out. If she will do this with you, she will do the same thing to you
    From the way she talks to me I don't think she's got a bf anymore.
    I asked her if she loved him she said "I don't know. I think it's just monotony"
    All her lately activities didn't include a bf.
    I think she broke up with him but she's not ready for a relationship yet.
    And giving her flowers for her birthday is not like proposing to her or something. It's just flowers. I'm sure she knows I like her so this shouldn't be such a big deal.

Texts me first thing when waking up, texts me before going to sleep, texts me in the middle of a party

Well you still need to be sure shes single before making a move.

Note: she already said its too soon for her. You will likely be a rebound and get hurt if she does date you
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Man shes just bored. The kind of reaction she gets she will never see from her boyfriend cause they are not in romantic stage anymore. You have little expierience and these little things that you do is alot for you but nothing mindblowing for her. If something will go wrong you will be one who suffers the most.

In any way shes not ready for new relationship. If shes "dont know" does she love her BF that means shes uncertain when there should be clear "No !" especialy in front of you.

Dont be a dickhead dont make her the most importand girl just because she send you few texts. If you try to kiss her again and she flakes then its just a dream. You deserve a girl who will call you a boyfriend not a girl who call some other guy her BF. Dont put up with second place there is so much amazing single girls out there. You have to take the action if you want a good GF cause good girls dont run after guys - they excpect guys to take an action.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Wait until she is single. Otherwise, you will find yourself dating a cheater, and she will eventually cheat on you, too.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Man, I can't know for sure.
    Read those words in blue, behind your posts.
    I will give her the flowers and ask her "Be sincere with me. Do you have a bf atm? I can't stand the thought of being "second place", so I need to know".
    And I'm saying this because I don't think she's got a bf anymore.
    So if the answer is "no", I will see in that moment what I'll do next. If the answer is "yes" I will know what to do. Walk away..