+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conversational Problems

Conversational Problems

I've been in a relationship for around a month,and I used to be able to talk like a boss with her..I could make her laugh with anything and we could have chats for hours or end.I was witty and made her laugh and she used to love talking to me!
    Now,for some reason,I cannot keep up a conversation with her!its like I just dont know what to talk about anymore.Only time I can run the conversation is when we meet,and then we can talk a lot on the things we did when we were together.
    When we dont meet,I just cant think of what to say to her anymore She says she misses talking to me and I feel bad 'coz I cant keep up the convos anymore!
    Please help!I dont want to lose her just because I suddenly have become more inarticulate than Samuel L. Jackson.

Is this a long distance relationship by any chance?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Is this a long distance relationship by any chance?
    Nah,mate!We live 30 minutes from each other.However,she has started college and I have my own college to attend.So,text convos are becoming more important now.

That's what happens when you give out all your information in the beginning. Normally, when you meet in person you do talk less over the phone and things like that because you look fwd to seeing each other more and you have more fun in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    That's what happens when you give out all your information in the beginning. Normally, when you meet in person you do talk less over the phone and things like that because you look fwd to seeing each other more and you have more fun in person.
    Suggestions as to what I should do?

Spend more time together. After the initial phase of "getting to know each other", you need find new things to talk about and you need shared experiences to do so.

As well as spending time together, she should be expected to be able to hold up her end of the conversation too.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Also get hobbies and take note of her interests.. talk about sharing those if you can't actually take the time to share them. Point the conversation to something you're comfortable talking about that you think she might have an interest in.... and diversify that when new things come up.

Think about things she's said in passing.. stories you haven't told her about your life... bring up conversations that give her a chance to share her experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Spend more time together. After the initial phase of "getting to know each other", you need find new things to talk about and you need shared experiences to do so.
    Like going out and watching movies together,yes?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    As well as spending time together, she should be expected to be able to hold up her end of the conversation too.
    Its not that she doesnt respond.Its just that I should take control of the conversation,which I have been able to day since Day 1,till now.Is it even possible to lose your wit? :/

Its normal. Just talk about your day, cuddle, kiss, laugh, read the paper together, gossip about friends/family (in a nice way of course lol), join a hobby together
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by Dechkovic View Post
    Like going out and watching movies together,yes?
    Yes, and also go out with other people (friends in common), go on hikes, visit new places (don't have to be distant from where you live, as long as it's a new experience), also have lots of sex :-)...

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Its normal. Just talk about your day, cuddle, kiss, laugh, read the paper together, gossip about friends/family (in a nice way of course lol), join a hobby together
    Thank you for replying!
    However,We dont meet each other on a regular basis,you see.We are in different colleges and though we live close-by we dont get to visit each other everyday.and so all your suggestions cant be done on a regular basis.Thats my problem..that I dont know what to talk about on a regular basis.
    As you're a lady,care to tell me how soon is it that women start getting bored?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Yes, and also go out with other people (friends in common), go on hikes, visit new places (don't have to be distant from where you live, as long as it's a new experience), also have lots of sex :-)...
    Anything else? Excuse me for having to squeeze every last drop of info outta you! :-P

Well the regular things you do in a relationship... have dinner together, just... share your days with each other in general. It should come spontaneously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast