+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love at First Sight

Love at First Sight

Hi...long story short.

There's this girl that I've liked for ages like 4 years or so and I never thought I had a chance with her as she's just so amazing in every aspect.

So I tried to forget about her and got with a few other girls, and then got lead on by a couple of them. But now all I do is think about her, and I'm not sure whether I should tell her that I love her or not. I kinda see it as love at first sight for me, but at the moment me and her are just friends and I wouldn't want to ruin that by telling her the strong feelings that I have for her. It would be a massive shock to her, having me tell her how I feel about her.

I think about the girls who I got lead on by and moved on fairly soon after. But this girl is so special to me and I've hinted to her that I like her through things I've said aswell. I'm worried because I think that if I get with a girl other than her, then I would be comparing that girl to her which wouldn't be fair. So unsure.

If I could choose to spend my whole life with one girl, it would be her. I know a bit about her, but not alot, I just know that she beautiful, intelligent, and has a really nice personality.

In a girls opinion, how would you feel about a guy telling you that he has such strong feelings towards you, and do you think I should tell her?

It's a tough one. After four years...you've just been friends and she's never shown a sign that she likes you? It's a risk, but you have to ask yourself, is it a risk you're willing to take if she doesn't feel the same way? Four years is a long time to pine over someone. For me, if a guy friend told me he had strong feelings for me and I didn't feel the same way, it would feel weird after.

I'm not expecting her to feel the same way necessarily, I just want her to know how much I care about her. But don't want it to be awkward between us if I tell her. And I have know her for like 4 or so years yeah, but haven't really seen her or spoken to her alot. Like I spoken and seen her a fair bit, but not a huge amount. I've hinted that I like her and said how special she is to me and she was like "aw thank you xx" for example. Don't want to make it awkward which is why my decision is so hard :/

Quote Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
    I'm not expecting her to feel the same way necessarily, I just want her to know how much I care about her. But don't want it to be awkward between us if I tell her. And I have know her for like 4 or so years yeah, but haven't really seen her or spoken to her alot. Like I spoken and seen her a fair bit, but not a huge amount. I've hinted that I like her and said how special she is to me and she was like "aw thank you xx" for example. Don't want to make it awkward which is why my decision is so hard :/
    I know what you mean, it IS a hard decision...we can give you advice until you're blue in the face, but in the end, you have to go with your heart I guess. But...she did say "aw thank you" when you said how special she is to you...that sounds like a friendship reaction. But again, it's hard to say because I wasn't there to see her face, hear her tone etc...so what are you going to do?

I'm going to leave it for now, and just spend more time with her to see if anything happens or like if there is an chemistry, if not then I'll just have to move on if there's nothing there, I might tell her at some point, but I don't want to ruin a good friendship by telling her my feelings for her. I've told her how special she is to me and maybe it just wasn't meant to be