+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love at First Sight

Love at First Sight

Agree or disagree? Although this has never happened to me ---yet, I still tend to beleive in it. (The romantic in me). But I also read that there is some sort of chemical reaction when you meet someone that sends singles to your brain or some such thing. What do you all think?

Yeah breezy, that hasto do with faramones, me, i beleive its possible, but knowing that love is not enough for a relationship nowadays..it doesnt mean much if you did fall in love at first sight.
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

I don't believe in it. I can think someone's EXTREMELY beautiful or smells EXTREMELY good and get all tingly when I see them, but I don't think love comes until you know them.

Alexi

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    I don't believe in it. I can think someone's EXTREMELY beautiful or smells EXTREMELY good and get all tingly when I see them, but I don't think love comes until you know them.

Alexi
    Exactly.

I have a 'phrase' or 'word' for this. You all might laugh at me for this, everyone does, but its my way of getting the point across.

I call it a hard on. Not literally a stiff dick... But you get a hard on when you see someone beautiful for the first time. It spikes your interest. You cant do anything but think about that person - but yet your not thinking at all. You just have an attraction to that person that you cant explain. It feels like love. But it is mother nature at her best. A hard on as I call it. Then you get to know the person and over time the hardon goes away and you fall in love - but the change is so settle that you cant tell the difference between your hard on and love. And thus you believe that it was love at first site.

Just my beliefs on this matter.

The romantic in me wants to believe in love at first sight, but sadly I agree with everyone else - - -for real and lasting love, you have to have more.

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend. - Jack Handy

Horny at first sight? Yes

Love at first sight? Only if you're extremely desperate.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi

Alexi
    Loving someone does not, but being in love with someone is a different thing, which i think doesnt really have a time table set upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    Exactly.

I have a 'phrase' or 'word' for this. You all might laugh at me for this, everyone does, but its my way of getting the point across.

I call it a hard on. Not literally a stiff dick... But you get a hard on when you see someone beautiful for the first time. It spikes your interest. You cant do anything but think about that person - but yet your not thinking at all. You just have an attraction to that person that you cant explain. It feels like love. But it is mother nature at her best. A hard on as I call it. Then you get to know the person and over time the hardon goes away and you fall in love - but the change is so settle that you cant tell the difference between your hard on and love. And thus you believe that it was love at first site.

Just my beliefs on this matter.
    that is the magic of faramones working actually

BTW dude,

Not criticizing, but just to let you know, it's Pheromones".

Alexi

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    that is the magic of faramones working actually
    Like I said, I am not talking about getting an actually stiffy. I just call the feeling a hard on. Its not a hard on tho - geesh, I cant explain it - why you always got to make thing so difficult on me ?! I am bad with words... shit. Does anyone know what I'm trying to say ? or am I just an idiot ?

would love at first sight mean that BOTH parties have to have the same feeling? then it's possible but highly unlikely. odds are slim. how about lust at first sight?
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

I don't believe in love at first sight - unless if you're hopelessly drunk or rolling on ecstasy. There's definitely attraction at first sight, but not love. I guess you can actually fall in love with looks at first sight, but that's not love.
    I have it all. Including kino.

oh god - I was doing jsut fine until she had to go and say ecstasy - now I want a double stack A&E... shit.

The romantic side of me says that would be awesome...but realisitically it just doesnt work that way-YET my parents knew within their first date and my dad proposed to her a week later-34 years later theyre still married. BOTH sets of my grandparents were married within 6 weeks of knowing one another-hmmm and theyre both going on 60 plus years...ok give it up to the times..but it runs in my family the romantisicsm! Thats why Im a romantic at heart...

I do believe in the power of holy shit this person is IT-you just get a feeling...whether its love or whatever-but theres a chemistry that allows yourself to know in some cosmic way...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    Like I said, I am not talking about getting an actually stiffy. I just call the feeling a hard on. Its not a hard on tho - geesh, I cant explain it - why you always got to make thing so difficult on me ?! I am bad with words... shit. Does anyone know what I'm trying to say ? or am I just an idiot ?
    I know what you're talking about Billy. I've heard it used before. I'm not really surprised by everyone's answers, but I'd still love to think that one day, I'll be out with friends, when I'll look across the room, and meet his eyes. Our gazes will lock, hearts racing, and he'll smile and we'll both know at that moment that we were meant to be... Of course, then I'll wake up! lol And find out he's married with five children living somewhere in the burbs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast