+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Travelling without GF

Travelling without GF

Hi everyone,

So here is my story. I am a male who has been dating a girl for the last 5 years and we have been on a long distance relationship on and off. Now we are back on long distance relationship. We had recently not seen each other for over a year and my girlfriend came to me and stayed for a period of 2 months and our meeting went well and enjoyed it. Now a month has passed. I am currently in the Middle east and planned to to Europe for a week. I planned to go for 2 days to ac country to meet some of my friends who will be there on vacation, then join my girlfriend for 5 days.

The issue is that my GF is guilt tripping me saying that I do not make her number one as priority and spending the full 7 days with her. I would like to know please you opinion is it wrong for me to spend these 2 days with my friends before going to see her?

Many Thanks

You are right friends are importand too. It ussualy take one(first) failed relationship to understand that its not worth to give up friends or family for someone you love. And you must have your own life and reality anyway. She wont be attracted to you that much if she could control you completly. You wont be a challenge anymore. And in the end you spend with her 250% more time than with friends so how it can be shes not number one? Shes spoiled already.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

She obviously misses you, so don't be too harsh on her.

She couldn't have some jealousy issues with the friends you'd like to visit, right? I mean, there aren't any single attractive girls among them?

If in general you're just as dedicated as she is to this relationship, she shouldn't get too upset and be able to enjoy the possibility of seeing soon and hopefully you'll be able to see each other again pretty soon after that.

Quote Originally Posted by valixy View Post
    She obviously misses you, so don't be too harsh on her.

She couldn't have some jealousy issues with the friends you'd like to visit, right? I mean, there aren't any single attractive girls among them?

If in general you're just as dedicated as she is to this relationship, she shouldn't get too upset and be able to enjoy the possibility of seeing soon and hopefully you'll be able to see each other again pretty soon after that.

No I will be with to male friends for 2 days then would join her for 5 days. I see it as a selfish point of view as i would also appreciate being with my friends.

Shes just upset. Long distance is hard. A whole year without seeing each other! I'm surprised you haven't split up yet to be honest or that you even trust each other. You have been together a long time. Is there a reason why she doesn't travel with you?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Shes just upset. Long distance is hard. A whole year without seeing each other! I'm surprised you haven't split up yet to be honest or that you even trust each other. You have been together a long time. Is there a reason why she doesn't travel with you?
    We have just seen each other a month ago for 2 months. I am flying from the middle east to Europe and on my way to her place I will be stoping at a country next to her for 2 days before joining her for 5 days. she can't join me for these 2 days as she has commitments.

Yes I get that. You just need to tell her you have already made plans with these friends and your not gonna cancel. My QS was though why doesn't she travel with you?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".