+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was this too clingy?

Was this too clingy?

Hi, I told this girl that I am dating that I was going to sleep, I then woke up 2 hours later at around 11pm then called her because I couldn't fall back asleep and she didn't pick up. I then texted her saying sorry for calling and I told her to have a good night. I was just wondering if this was too clingy?

This is the first time I've ever done this with her and I don't know how she will take it...She also has work tomorrow and a son, so I think I made a big mistake since we've only been on 1 date, but we do talk almost every day and its 50/50 on who initiates. She texts me a couple times if i don't respond sometimes too.

Should I ask her if it was? Or should I just leave it be depending on how she responds to it tomorrow?

Thank you very much for your advice!
    Last edited by chris09; 20-08-13 at 12:38 PM.

I think you are overreacting. You shouldn't have apologized for nothing.

Alright. Should i just see how it plays out then?

I think that calling someone at 11pm when it's not an emergency is very inconsiderate. Especially when someone has to work tomorrow and has a child....and you barely know them and the hours they keep.

I don't think it would hurt to say that you didn't think....and then ask what kind of hours she keeps.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Sounds good ill try that tomorrow if she seems annoyed or something.

i can take all the advice i can get right now, i dont want to screw this one up :/

If she doesn't like to be called at 11:00 pm, then the first time she can simply ignore the call. The next day she can nicely let him know she usually goes to bed before that. Problem solved. No need to overreact, it's not a big deal.

I mean that seem like sort of what happened. It basically went to voicemail. I dont think she ignored me, but she was just asleep. I just dont know about when she see it tomorrow, how she will take it.

I just thought she may still be awake because weve talked a few times until about midnight when she had her son and she had work the next day.