+ Follow This Topic

Thread: fortune teller sabotaging relationship, should I end it?

fortune teller sabotaging relationship, should I end it?

Hello.

I've been in a exclusive relationship for around 5 months. She's really caring, emotional, balanced in terms of not doing anything I might not approve, she has never cheated in a relationship and really values ours, head over heels for me, on toes all the time. She's not perfect, nobody is, but I can live with her flaws.
    We have a great time every time we get together, heaps of fun and laughter. We see eachother 2-3 days a week.

Anyways,
    The other night we were home and got invited to my cousin's where she had another 2 of her girlfriends over. Me and gf went there and there was this girl that is said to have a gift of predicting future. She said she has also been interested in this whole mumbo-jumbo stuff with ghosts and extraterrestrial powers.
    I really am afraid of the impact on a person's psychology and unconscious mind these predictions might have.
    They proposed my gf to see her future, she asked me, I was like "whatever". I am doubled on whether I should believe such mumbo-jumboes or not, she really got some stuff right.
    On gf being with me, she predicted "Big love" and "suffering". I don't know. Ok, not so bad, right? Everyone who loves, suffers.

She came to live with me at another town for 2 days yesterday.
    Last night, though, gf started sharing some really personal stuff about her family. About a family member trying to split her mother and father, having barried eggs in the ground on full-moon. They are divorced now.
    More importantly, that her mother had been going to see a fortune teller a few times. That she had predicted she won't be fired from work. She recently had some problems at work.
    That particular fortune teller had said that I will not be with my GF. That we'd be together for a long time and continue to help eachother in life. - This really rocked me but I remained calm at the moment. GF also said that in past time, when we once got into a big fight, she wanted to ask this fortune teller whether we'd get back together again but didn't do it. She said this fortune teller had been right about her splitting with her ex-bf, too.
    She obviously believes in this stuff to some extent. I don't know whether I believe in it, this whole predicting thing frightens me. People builds expectations and challenge destiny this way, therefore it really happens.
    After she said it, as we we're cuddled, she fell asleep. I had time to think about this, I was really hurt and my attitude changed dramatically. We went shopping and she noticed something wasn't right. I told her I don't think I can be the same as before, that this thing had affected me a lot. We talked about it for a while but I wasn't hearing, I had my mind set already. She said it's unacceptable for her to split like this.

Started crying really intensively. She said she wasn't feeling OK, she was trembling and breathing very heavily. I gave her 2 aspirins. After I gave her "Nervona"(medication that chills you down). Nothing could chill her down. She would stop crying at 2-3 times, talk some and burst up again. I've never seen a person collapse in such way but in my head I was doubled.
    This went on for two hours, crying and begging me. She was talking about us loving eachother and trying her best to convince me to stay together, that she cannot imagine life without me. I really don't remember her exact words right now(morning after that) It was like a bad dream to me. At a point, I don't know what happened to me but I started looking at a random small object, not able to think at all. It was just emotions that were flowing while she was crying, I could barely talk. She wanted to clarify whether we're out-and-out broked up or not - I did not answer for 30minutes. She started worrying about me, all I said was that I wanted to sleep, she walked me to the bed. Sat next to me, cried on my shoulder again, said she loves me. Said goodnight, I said "me too".
    This morning, when I woke up, and saw 2 notes on the pillow which I'll re-write after the thread. She had fallen asleep on the couch, drank a bottle of wine we bought but never opened.

Right now I'm in my family's office, working alone (family on vacation) and i'm writing this thread, hoping somebody will help me.
    Should I break it up, hurt her immensely and have her always dream for what we've had but torturing myself with the thoughts "What if...?" ?
    Or be with her and continue to be happy, with the thought of our break-up having been pre-destined. Being afraid of the impact the fortune teller might have on her mind, feeling as I have lost my time with the wrong person if it really happens for us to really split in the future.

these are the notes -
    "I really don't know how to start the things I want to tell you...I never felt anything like this before. Life met me with you without me having expected it...I never believed something like this could happen...Suddenly, I started to feel something I cannot explain with the right words. I am happy this happened. I don't know how I can explain my condition...It's not just love and happiness..It's much more. Even euphoria is not the right word. I don't want to lose you. I invest so much from myself that I amaze myself I am doing this for someone....But this "someone" really deserves it because I see that he gave a lot from himself. I don't beg you for forgiveness...I beg you to not let this dream and love end...I don't believe I am capable of doing anything like this for anyone else. If this ends just like this, I don't know wheter I'll be able to move on....
    I know these words may seem absurdly and stupid but I really mean them....
    I love you a lot...
    I don't know what else to tell you...
    I don't want to lose you.

P.S. I'm sorry for writing this ugly"

Err, so why exactly did you break up with her? Because something the fortune teller said? Looks like you're more impacted by it than she is.

The girl loves you and treats you well, if you break up with her, do it for the right reasons, not because of some psychic bullshit. A lot of people like to entertain themselves with fortune tellers or what not...it's a bit silly but whatever, it shouldn't make or break a relationship.

This whole thing is confusing...you basically broke up with her because she had her fortune read?

I think he is worried that this girl believes in all the bull and when you really believe something-it happens. Am I right? Your worried that the relationship will fail coz a psychic told her it will and you are worried she will sabotage it herself coz she believes that?

For people who do believe in this-they should know that the future is never set in stone. The smallest thing can change everything. And professional psychics do not tell you anything you don't want to hear or anything really bad.

Op you should ask her does she really believe all of this crap? Because her loony friend may or may not be able to tell the future? If she says yes, she really believes it then do break up with her. Tarots and angels are just supposed to be a bit of fun. You don't take it literally. Sorrow could mean anything! A grandparent dying, a pet dying, losing a job, breaking up temporarily and getting back together. It is stupid to take these things so literally.

I was told in a tarot that I will have two kids and live in a nice white house.. but I know I probably want 3 or 4 kids and I dont want to live in a white house. I want my house to be grey stone. I was also told over 3 years ago that my immediate future looks really bright but there has been little good in the past 3 years. I have been stuck in a miserable job that made me very unhappy, lots of people close to me died and it has been a long hard road and things are only getting better recently.

My cousin went to a psychic after she lost her baby. They told her that she will break up with him and if he gets involved in drugs he will get shot or stabbed and her friend will be drink driving and die and she will go on a cruise ship and meet the man she is going to marry-he will be wearing a suit. 6 months later she is still with the same man and pregnant again. The psychic mentioned nothing about a baby. Most of it is bullshit

I do believe that some people have a gift and they may get a positive or negative vibe off of you. Or the cards may predict certain things but to take it so literally and to allow it to dictate your life is just madness.

I know a lot of these psychics have issues and they turn to the cards themselves to give them some hope but a lot of the time, the cards make them worse. My mothers friend used to be an alcohol and drug addict, she replaced that addiction with tarot cards and religion and now she is kinda scary. I stayed at their house once and I was so freaked out by the end of the night. She told me if you turn on a red light it allows demons in and she had a bloody red light in the hall and she slept downstairs in the living room and then she told me "don't worry you are safe upstairs-nothing will get you" and I was like why the f**k are you sleeping downstairs so if you believe that? She read the bible to me and told me my number is 12 and that chapter was all about possession and demons which I am scared of. It was messed up
    Last edited by michelle23; 20-08-13 at 06:18 PM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".