+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused.

confused.

So I don't know what to do. I have been with someone 7 years, im 21 hes 24, I moved out last year but we moved back to our parents after 6 months as he didn't want to have to pay and thought that It was too much money. I want to move out I don't want to end up 25 and living at home but it seems like he does. I just feel like he doesn't wanna move forward. everytime I ask he says no too much money. we never go out and never do anything together sometimes I wonder why im with him at all

He's boring and unwilling to move on with life. He's also tight with $ - you're young, you should be going out and having fun every so often. Move out with friends or find some housemates - don't let him stop you from creating the life you want.

It sounds like he is not that into you. You say you never do anything together. Perhaps this relationship has run its course and its time to move on?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You need to break up with him. Being with the same person since you were 14 means you've never had the chance to experiment with long-term relationships... you don't know what you want yet. One thing for sure: you aren't happy with this relationship. Break up and be free to experiment and learn, there will be all the time in the world for you to settle down with someone.

My wife and I dated 7 years, lived with our parents the whole time and got married when we were 25. Been married over 15 years now. We were totally into each other, not totally into being broke. By staying home we both were able to build substantial savings accounts and when we did get married at 25 we were able to continue saving and put down over 50k on a house. Don't discount the benefits of living with your parents. Lots of our friends who moved in together struggled financially for a long time.

of course, he may just be a cheap ass and not worth your time if he is going nowhere and not saving money, in that case show him the door.

Does he want to stay at his parents, and not go out and do stuff, because he wants to save money? Or just because he's cheap and lazy and doesn't want to support himself and you? If that's the case, you need to break up with him.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

I just don't knw what to do. i would like to move in and have children etc. but he doesn't want to. and it pisses me off. theres always an excuse, either the area... or too small or something. and it annoys me so i don't know what to do coz when this happens i just think **** it .. im gonna just leave

Then do it, leave.

Yes leave. Hes not sure about you. he doesn't know if he wants a future with you or not. If he did he would be moving in after 7 years. My bf is the same age as yours, we have been together 5 years, live together the past 2 years, going on holidays together next month and planning to get engaged next year. He also wants a baby in the next 2 years. Your bf is not gonna change his mind. I would bet you are just his "for now" girl. Sorry I know that isn't what you want to hear but he has no motivation to build a future and life with you.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".