+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Depressed over my EX-GF

Depressed over my EX-GF

So she lied to me about breaking up with her ex-boyfriend and went out with both of us for a month and a half. Then broke up with her ex-boyfriend to go out with me exclusively. Then 4 months later she started seeing both of us again for a month and then broke up with me to return to him. I didint find all of this out until recently. She admitted to it all AFTER I spoke to her ex-boyfriend. She started to go out with him again but now tells me it ended with him and she's trying to distance herself from him.

I still love her despite all of this. I've been LC for quite sometime and can't take it anymore. When we were together we talk about kids and starting a family. We had plans to move in together.

I feel depressed. I used to count on her when I was depressed and she would be there for me and support me. I don't have that anymore and I feel so lonely and sad.

I know everyone will tell me to move on. But I've only fell in love once in my life and it was with her. How can I just forgt about her? What do I do if I still want her in my life? How do I get he back?

Get her back like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Exlo4E5v8
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

People will tell you to move on because she has a history of not knowing what she wants and hurting men left and right without concern it seems. When women use men like that for their own selfish pleasure, there is always hurt on the way for the poor guy who falls for her. If you really want her back, just tell her what she wants to hear, but I think you'll be in the same boat again in a few months or so, she'll get bored with you, find someone else, or fall back "in love" with her other ex. Of course you're depressed because you do love her, but I'm going to say it, move on. You deserve a girlfriend you can trust, count on and someone who will love you fully, not when the mood suits her. You cannot "just forget" about her, it takes time, keeping busy, lots of thought and talking about it...but not dwelling on it to the point where a year from now you still are wallowing in pain and self-pity. There are so many girls out there who will love you and be loyal to you, not cheat on you, girls you can trust fully. Why pine over one who has already proven to you that she can't be trusted? She treated you badly...I would run for the hills.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. If you were to take her back now, it would be the third time she'd have the opportunity to lie and cheat on you. She's done it twice before, so there's no reason to believe that she wouldn't do it again. You deserve much better. You're just setting yourself up for more pain and heartache if you go back to her.

Nobody expects you to just forget about her overnight. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. It takes time and heartache. You have good days and bad days, but eventually you come to have more and more good days and fewer and fewer bad days. You make it to the other side and see that you can have a better life without that person than the one you had with them. You just have to hang in there and be strong until then.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy