+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insecure men

Insecure men

If you know a man's insecurities and you make a mistake of asking a question he is not comfortable answering how do you correct the situation when he goes into silence. I used to tease one guy without realizing that he felt insecure about his job, that he felt like he wasn't skillful enough to get a better job, but for me it didn't mean anything, anyways long story short, the other day we started texting and we haven't seen each other for a long time and I accidentally asked about what work he was doing, although I know it already, he works as a recycling person who takes out garbage I didn't think he would feel insecure answering but after that question he stopped replying, how do I correct the situation? I don't wanna seem like someone who is chasing after him, but want him to know that I don't really care about his work. Thank you all

You sound cold as ice.

You are going to have to chase after him. If you do happen to catch him, do not bring up work. At all.

He's not really being insecure, he's just realizing how much of a cunt you are(or seem like).

Uhm...just mention to him what you mentioned to us strangers. Just tell him, you apologize if you made him feel some sort of way or offended him. You care about him (not work) and that's why you asked. After that don't bring it up again. Simple as that. He probably was thinking that he didn't have time for your BS.
    Your title is misleading. You make him insecure.
    Last edited by Starnique; 26-08-13 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by filler View Post
    If you know a man's insecurities and you make a mistake of asking a question he is not comfortable answering how do you correct the situation when he goes into silence. I used to tease one guy without realizing that he felt insecure about his job, that he felt like he wasn't skillful enough to get a better job, but for me it didn't mean anything, anyways long story short, the other day we started texting and we haven't seen each other for a long time and I accidentally asked about what work he was doing, although I know it already, he works as a recycling person who takes out garbage I didn't think he would feel insecure answering but after that question he stopped replying, how do I correct the situation? I don't wanna seem like someone who is chasing after him, but want him to know that I don't really care about his work. Thank you all
    obvious he is a sensitive guy, so let him lead convos, if he brings it up then it must be ok. why would he think you would care what his job is, you aren't in a relationship. going quiet is better than a ranting raving lunatic, isn't it? respect his space and say hey, sorry if i upset you other day, are we cool?
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

He is lucky to have a job. I don't think that is the problem. Maybe he just doesn't like you.

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Dont say a thing to your friend about his job, he's making an honest living and he has nothing to be ashamed of. Send him a text and ask him to hang out but make it perfectly clear what your intentions are, dont lead him on.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    You sound cold as ice.

You are going to have to chase after him. If you do happen to catch him, do not bring up work. At all.

He's not really being insecure, he's just realizing how much of a cunt you are(or seem like).
    Seriously unnecessary. Why do you have to be so fckng rude all the time? Is it really that hard to give an opinion without being a dick?
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by filler View Post
    He's not getting anything out of it so why should he even talk to you.

Better dont say that you dont care about it but instead say what you realy care about.

Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quit asking him about his job... Tht might be a good start? Geez

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Seriously unnecessary. Why do you have to be so fckng rude all the time? Is it really that hard to give an opinion without being a dick?
    Her treatment of this guy is nothing short of cunt worthy. I really wasn't being a dick this time, just being matter of fact. The guy isn't insecure. Quite the opposite. She's being a cunt, he isn't giving her the time of day because of it.

Nice to see cunts looking out for each other though.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Her treatment of this guy is nothing short of cunt worthy. I really wasn't being a dick this time, just being matter of fact. The guy isn't insecure. Quite the opposite. She's being a cunt, he isn't giving her the time of day because of it.

Nice to see cunts looking out for each other though.
    It's possible to give an opinion about the situation without being an asshole. And yes, justify all you want, but you are an asshole. Not that I give a shit. Your nickname says it all, and that's cool, but seriously, I'm not the only person on here, and there ARE people who don't just take your words with a grain of salt.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My opinion is that Stung told it straight. Her question was rude and without consideration for the recipient. If you don't like the C-word then how about douche?

Also, he didn't call her one directly, but said she seemed like one. Its the difference b/t calling someone stupid and saying her behaviour was. She may not be a cunt, but she acted like one. If she isn't then the solution is to simply apologize. That's what adults do when they *unintentionally* misstep on someone's feelings.

If it was intentional tho (and I'm not sure it wasn't) then yes, she was being a cunt/douche/bitch, etc.

Shrug.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Instead of "cunt" (which is sexist btw), he could have used "insensitive", "rude", "disrespectful", "heartless", ...
    There's no need to be rude, and BackUp is rude pretty much all the time. I know he does it because he thinks his message gets across more effectively if he insults the OPs (or the OPs' actions/words), but in reality what happens is that either they dismiss him as a troll, or they are too hurt/offended by his insults to actually take his message into consideration.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I suspect Stung uses that word exactly b/c of its impact. Given how rude she was, it wouldn't have been wrong for the guy to say that to the OP. Karma and all that. Tasteless to do so, yes, and it seems that this guy has more class than the OP, which is why he didn't actually say it, just probably thought it.

So, Stung was merely stating what this guy probably *thought*, is all. She came online asking for opinions and she got them. Caveat emptor far as I'm concerned.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast