+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do girls have phases when they're ignore you ?

Why do girls have phases when they're ignore you ?

Hi, there's something I don't get about girls, I have a lot of female friends and most of them start all cheerful and then they will go through phases where they ignore me, and I feel like I didn't exist to them then after a while they're cheerful again, and that cycle repeat over and over again..

What troubles me the most is that even my bestfriend does that to me, like the others she starts very cheerful and nice then after some time she'll start ignoring me for a while, during this time I feel like a stranger to her and she won't talk to me unless I do it first, and what's strange is that we've known each other for 2 years now and I don't remember her doing this the first year we've known each other.

So, what do those mysterious "ignore phase" mean ?

Are you male or female? Are you friendzoned by these girls? Have you ever felt more for them, than they have for you? Details....
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Are you male or female? Are you friendzoned by these girls? Have you ever felt more for them, than they have for you? Details....
    Well, I'm a guy, and we're all 18. I know I'm friendzoned by some of them, and I also consider them as friends only.
    But I do have feelings for my bestfriend, I fell for her for about a year now, but since I don't want to ruin our friendship I didn't say anything to her about this. And that "ignore" thing is getting me kinda confused..

Quote Originally Posted by hi2712 View Post
    Well, I'm a guy, and we're all 18. I know I'm friendzoned by some of them, and I also consider them as friends only.
    But I do have feelings for my bestfriend, I fell for her for about a year now, but since I don't want to ruin our friendship I didn't say anything to her about this. And that "ignore" thing is getting me kinda confused..
    She could sense that you have certain feelings for her, and in turn back away. She most likely comes back, because she misses you. Also, a lot of young guys get insecure when "their" girls have good guy friends, they could be pulling away if they meet a new guy, and if it doesn't work out, they come back. Sucks, but it happens.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

She could sense that you have certain feelings for her, and in turn back away. She most likely comes back, because she misses you. Also, a lot of young guys get insecure when "their" girls have good guy friends, they could be pulling away if they meet a new guy, and if it doesn't work out, they come back. Sucks, but it happens.
    So she may know it already.. that's kinda embarassing, but thanks for the answer, makes sense.

So she may know it already.. that's kinda embarassing, but thanks for the answer, makes sense.
    Key word "may" already know it. My advice would be to try and find someone who attracts you and who you'd like to get to know. Stay friends with her, if you think you can handle it, but try getting out there and finding someone for yourself. If she gets jealous and mad when you do this, then that might tell you something. If she's really just into you as a friend, then she'll be happy for you.

Key word "may" already know it. My advice would be to try and find someone who attracts you and who you'd like to get to know. Stay friends with her, if you think you can handle it, but try getting out there and finding someone for yourself. If she gets jealous and mad when you do this, then that might tell you something. If she's really just into you as a friend, then she'll be happy for you.
    I've already done this several times before as a way to get over it, but it failed everytime, I still keep coming back to her. I'm not sure if she's jealous or not as she's a very good pretender but I know that she's concerned about it, she always asked me where I had been for the last few days.

And lately the way she acted makes me feel like as if the feeling is mutual, which makes me happy, but you can never be sure :/

I've already done this several times before as a way to get over it, but it failed everytime, I still keep coming back to her. I'm not sure if she's jealous or not as she's a very good pretender but I know that she's concerned about it, she always asked me where I had been for the last few days.

And lately the way she acted makes me feel like as if the feeling is mutual, which makes me happy, but you can never be sure :/
    Maybe you should just tell her how you feel. It might ruin the friendship, but it's not really a real friendship when one person has more feelings than the other.

Yeah man tell her how you feel and then you will have those ignore phases in relationship. If you not ablr to talk about this while being friends then it wont get better later on. Its best that you use friendship to sort out these things before complicating everything even more.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Yeah man tell her how you feel and then you will have those ignore phases in relationship. If you not ablr to talk about this while being friends then it wont get better later on. Its best that you use friendship to sort out these things before complicating everything even more.
    Yeah, I was thinking about doing this, though I'm still afraid of what could happen next if it doesn't work out.

It could be they are just busy during that time in their life, and not purposely snubbing you. I have friends who get really busy during the week with work, activities, family and cannot talk. Come the weekend they have more time and can talk then.

Is she literally ignoring you - eg; not responding to you? Or is it more of an issue of her being busy?

If its the former, then she's very rude. If it's the latter, then it's pretty normal. I have good friends who disappear for a bit when they are very busy.

I have to add: she's not interested romantically. If she was, she wouldn't be too busy to be in contact
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hi,

I appreciate your advice. Thanks!

Not all girls have phases where they ignore you.

I think your "best friend" knows that you have feelings for her, so she may be pulling back because she doesn't want you to get the wrong idea (i.e. that she's interested). Word of advice: if you are attracted to someone, don't try to "make friends" with them. Just ask them out on a date. You can't be friends with a person you are attracted to or have romantic feelings for.