+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do guys say "babe"?

Why do guys say "babe"?

So, the guy I have been dating started calling me "babe". What does that mean? I find it kind of strange.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Because he forgot your name. clearly.

I am pretty sure he knows my name. He calls me by my name sometimes but mixed it in with "babe".
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

You realize that was a joke right

I love being called babe. He calls me babe and I call him boo, lmao. I find it weird when he calls me by my name because he hardly ever does. It sounds weird lol. Same with him. I hardly ever call him by his first name. It's always boo or babe, or his nickname that everyone calls him.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    I love being called babe. He calls me babe and I call him boo, lmao. I find it weird when he calls me by my name because he hardly ever does. It sounds weird lol. Same with him. I hardly ever call him by his first name. It's always boo or babe, or his nickname that everyone calls him.
    So, its what couples call each other? What if me and him have only started dating? Is that strange?

Terms of endearment are awfully strange. Ain't that so, gaywad?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

It's so he doesn't call you by another name by mistake. You know gets you mixed up with his ex or other GF.

idk what it means to him personally but i think most guys use that term to say you are theirs and they find you attractive. i knew a guy who used it because his girlfriends name was long so he would call her babe instead on Deborah-anne. if you don't like it tell him.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    So, the guy I have been dating started calling me "babe". What does that mean? I find it kind of strange.
    It means you're not respected if he's calling you that before you're even exclusive. Have you seen the Movie "Babe." Think about it. *evil grinz*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    It means you're not respected if he's calling you that before you're even exclusive. Have you seen the Movie "Babe." Think about it. *evil grinz*
    LMFAO! Now THAT is the best thing I've read all day. xD

Just take it as a good sign unless you hate his guts.

Some guys say it because they think it makes them look cool to whatever chick they are saying it to, not always said for the girl, only to her.
    Most I know prefer baby over babe.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

It's a pet name, often associated and used in conjunction with the prospect of getting close to someone you're attracted to, so it means he likes you.

Guy's call me babe, baby, often, but when they're in a bad mood with me or want my attention they say my name.

It's a good indication he's feeling lovable and vulnerable, lol.

Because it's better to hang out farther than the farm barn.
    Last edited by Agnus; 23-09-13 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Sphynx View Post
    It's a good indication he's feeling lovable and vulnerable, lol.
    ... Hardly!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast