+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Looking for someone - how do I find her?

Looking for someone - how do I find her?

Hi Guys,

I have a problem and I'm looking for some kind of advice to solve it. The story that leads to my situation is a long one, so please bear with me.

For the last couple of years I have distanced myself from having a steady relationship and instead pursued meaningless one-night stands and "friends with benefits" type of relationships. This mainly stems from the fact that I was engaged and my fiance left me about a month before the wedding was set. It wasn't the fact alone that upset me, but the way she did it. As it turns out, she planned to move to another city behind my back and basically followed through with the plan without telling me. I knew what happened about two months after it did. This basically led to me saying "**** it" and taking up the lifestyle I already talked about.

It was fine with me for a few years but last year around the holiday season I was confronted with my personal mortality for the first time (I awaited a diagnosis which thankfully turned out to be negative). I thought about what really moved me and what I love about my life and came to the conclusion that I actually would be luckier if I began to pursue a steady relationship again.

So when I asked a friend of mine, what I should do, she suggested to me that I should compile all assets I would love a woman to have, to basically compile my dream partner. So I did, I came up with with following assets: I would love her to have an unusual and eccentric look to her (brightly colored hair, unusual clothes, tattoos etc.), I would want her to have a humorous and adventurous personality, be infantile and intelligent at the same time and have a bright outlook on life and be generally happy.
    When I told her this, she said that what I have written down was a "manic pixie dream girl". I had no idea what the hell she talked about at the time, so I did research. It kind of fits but doesn't, because I don't want someone to "save me" from my boring life and bring some kind of humor into it. My life is awesome, I just need somebody to share it with, to make the things I do better because I do them with someone I love. And I have not fallen into love with some kind of concept. This is what i genuinely wrote down before I even knew this stock figure.

So after I formulated what I wanted, I met about 8 women which all fell short mostly after the first date.

Now my question or rather, my request for advice is: Where would I possibly meet someone like that and what should I anticipate on the journey that leads me to the person I described?

Please be honest and frank. But I don't want you to be judgemental and/or spam.

If ur attracted to carefree tattoo pink haired girls, maybe go to a tattoo convention

That's not that bad of an Idea actually!
    But unfortunately I work in pretty tight schedules and most of these conventions aren't around in my town that often, so that I would have to travel there and find somewhere to sleep etc.
    But I'll certainly try that if there's something like that around.