+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Things just went down hill

Things just went down hill

I went out on a date with a girl from my high school. Things were going perfect we went to my buddies house to grab something of mine and say hi, then we went glassing for deer with binoculars, things were going so good she wanted to hangout even more so we went and seen a two hour long movie and it was awful, we talked about it after we left then we went to taco bell where she didn't order anything, I took her home and walked her to the door I hugged her we talked for a second then I hugged her again, kissed her on the cheek then on the lips (I was nervous) I lefft then texted her 30 minutes later telling her how I had a good time and would like to do it again. She was being insecure so I said I'd be frank and told her I liked her and everything just went down hill. I asked if the feeling was mutual and said maybe. I told her she could spare my feelings and just tell me. She said she wanted to go on another date to make sure. I wasn't asking her to go steady or anything why did she back pedal so hard? I've been on PLENTY of dates I don't understand where I went wrong?

Don't freak out. Don't stress out about it. Don't have any expectations.

Sometimes if things progress too quickly, girls tend to think they know everything about you, even though they might know nothing about you, and lose interest.

You can fix this, if you stick around, but if she sees you as a friend it would be much harder to accomplish.
    Last edited by toknow; 02-09-13 at 02:03 PM.

I just don't know why saying "I like you, you're a nice girl" is such a big deal

You have to also keep in mind girls play games, and since she is young she naively feels like she has all the time in the world to do it. At that age a lot of people just date for the fun of it and they don't think (though they should) about a future relationship. The reason they should, is they have very little time to do it, though the illusion of it is the opposite.
    Last edited by toknow; 02-09-13 at 02:20 PM.

You shouldn't have to ask if her feelings are the same. You should just organize a second date and go from there. Have no expectations. If she likes you, she'll tell you when she is ready. She obviously likes you enough to go on a second date! So let that keep your interest for now. You didn't do anything wrong. Girls just don't solidify their emotions as quickly as guys! She is probably being honest when she says that she just doesn't know where it's going yet. An easier way to tell if you are in the green is: did she kiss you back when you kissed her goodnight? If she did, she'll probably start to develop some sort of feelings for you.

she kissed back it wasn't long. I kissed her on the cheek first though Idk why. Guys I've been with probably 10 different girls many older than me and I've never had this awkward clingy feelings shit! I am the guy in my group who always has a different girl and she is the first woman to just baffle me

Quote Originally Posted by bigchaw View Post
    she kissed back it wasn't long. I kissed her on the cheek first though Idk why. Guys I've been with probably 10 different girls many older than me and I've never had this awkward clingy feelings shit! I am the guy in my group who always has a different girl and she is the first woman to just baffle me
    She probably views you as a player and is (sensibly) taking her time with you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

girls are more cautious then guys, more afraid of getting hurt. you just need to slow down a little. dont get all mushy and talk about feelings or anything till shes committed and dont be too romantic or dont be too forward. let her set the pace and go with the flow but be assertive and take the initiative by asking her out again

good luck
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".