+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why do guys throw the word "love" around?

why do guys throw the word "love" around?

Why is it that guys say they are in love so early on? I am dating a few guys and I just starting getting to know them (known them for about 3 week to a little over a month). But they are declaring their love already??!! Is falling in love faster with men? Or, are they thinking with their penis? Maybe he just wants to make me happy? These guys are in their late 20s. So, they are not young teenage boys.
    Last edited by fearoflove; 05-09-13 at 10:34 AM.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Why is it that guys say they are in love so early on? I am dating a few guys and I just starting getting to know them (known them for about 3 week to a little over a month). But they are declaring their love already??!! Is falling in love faster with men? Or, are they thinking with their penis? Maybe he just wants to make me happy? These guys are in their late 20s. So, they are not young teenage boys.
    In my experience, the guys that say "I love you" only after a few weeks are trouble. Anyone for that matter...b/c it's not love, it's lust/infatuation. Yes, they are speaking with their penis. I find it pretty immature.

They're either desperate or trying to score.

Pehaps you are just so lovely and wonderful they can't help themselves. But I suspect they're just morons.

FOL- in reality... it's because guys are more likely to confuse love with lust/infatuation than gals.

Not ALL guys do this, and not ALL gals are immune, as a cursory search on the forums can easily attest.

I could ask the same about women. But do I? No.

End of discussion.

I'm with you girl.
    I've never said I love you first to a guy, they never have given me the chance. They always say it after the first couple weeks.
    After reading your question I asked my bf if the first time he told me " I love you" did I say it back, and he said no i didn't. He said I told him I wasn't ready quite yet and then told him about a week later that I loved him too. He told me he loved me after 2 weeks. But I usually don't give in and just say it back, I let them know when I'm ready

Desperate needy clingy guys and girls say love you to early, imo. Most normal people hold off until the relationship reaches a certain level of closeness, and that isn't after a week or two.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

It's about confusing the feelings of infatuation with love. And it's not just guys who do this - women do it too. Heck, I've gotten love and lust and infatuation confused myself.

Frankly, the reason behind this is so blindingly obvious - I'm surprised you needed to ask the question. Or did you just want to slag off the menfolk?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Not ALL guys do that.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Frankly, the reason behind this is so blindingly obvious - I'm surprised you needed to ask the question. Or did you just want to slag off the menfolk?
    I think it's more that she wanted to announce that more then one guy is infatuated with her (or so she thinks). lol
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Not all Guys but most of us use the word as a password into d ladies undies.. whether it is said earlier or not doesnt count/matter atall because a guy can wait for a whole year just to say the word & hit n run. but i really dont suport the idea of a guy proposing his love for a lady he jst met within a week. We often mistaake like for love. One must like a person before he approaches d lady, u dont know her character yet, you dont know if she got good manners and u jst walk up to her n say you love her (Someone you want to spend the rest of your life with) thats not love.
    LUVKINGS

I just get told they like me a lot....about a month or so later they fess up. I agree some get confused with their feelings....it's nice to know guys do have those kind of feelings lol.

Well, assuming for once that you are a girl and telling the truth, I am sure they won't be telling you they love you when you eventually contract several STDs...It's funny. Usually men talk about love so soon to sluts...and here you are, lamenting being told men love you...
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

..........lol!............

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast