+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex girlfriend dilemma, ladies pov? please?

Ex girlfriend dilemma, ladies pov? please?

About 5 weeks ago, i spilled my guts to my ex gf about how i felt for her.
    she said she needed time but 2days later she said she was going to try again with
    another ex from 4 years back. Her and I split up a year back but stayed in contact, meeting for coffee and cinema.
    (i have posted here before)

a week back she text me to say she would be going to a music festival that she knew i was going to.
    Went to the festival.
    My ex gf was there. her bf was not. i didnt ask.
    We hung out in the same group.
    First night she text me and we met up and spent the evening dancing. (alone)
    Walked her back to where she was staying. Said goodnight. (no kissing etc)
    2nd day we spend together seeing bands and having a good time.
    she kissed me at one of the stages and we were holding hands.
    she suggested we should sleep together (non sexual).
    lots of kissing and alot of fairground rides later, we spent the night in my tent.
    On the 3rd day we hung out in the group of friends. When the music stopped I walked her to her car.

I didnt ask her any questions about 'us'

I have some of her clothes and she text me to say she would collect them the next time she is passing my house.
    should i just send them back to her.?
    is she just messing with my head?
    or does she want an excuse to see me again?

The only way to find out is to ask. Her words and behaviours are confusing, don't torture yourself trying to read her mind. If she replies with a wishy washy answer again like she's not sure etc...move on and save yourself more heartache. In my experience, if someone wants to be with you, it will be obvious.

Idk why don't u talk to her?

Quote Originally Posted by 4 ratties View Post
    Idk why don't u talk to her?

she called over for her stuff yesterday
    we just chatted about work etc
    no talk of the festival
    she stayed for 2 hours

i was afraid to ask about 'us' or even the whole hooking up
    she didnt mention it
    i guess she is over it
    i should just let it go
    friends say to give her time
    not to push her

Hi, I think you really need to ask her up front about things, or forget about it and move on.

It would seem odd to me that she would be trying it with a previous ex, and also giving mixed messages to you. Maybe she doesn;t know what she wants and has low self esteem which would explain her actions. I think you really need to move on and cut all contact

You should just talk to her and ask her what the hooking up at festival was about. Was it just in the moment fun for her or does she want to date you? If you are too nervous to talk to her about it, then you should forget her and move on. In my experience, if you have to ask someone if they want to date you (under these circumstances...you've already told her you have feelings, you've previously dated)...you probably already know the answer

People can be selfish. She might like the attention you give her, the friendship etc...but she probably isn't romantically interested and just wants to remain friends. She probably felt comfortable with you at the music festival and gave in to her selfish desires. I've been on both sides of this type of situation before. You have to choose to be the stronger person and protect yourself. Realize that her advances/kisses whatever towards you are nothing more than her being immature and selfish. You gotta move on. Continuing to spend time with her will only make you feel like you are being rejected over and over. Sorry, and good luck!