+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New to the forum after ending a relationship that should have ended long ago.

New to the forum after ending a relationship that should have ended long ago.

I am a bit of a story teller. In fact, sometimes I have a hard time getting myself to shut the heck up (you'll see that with the thread I wanted to post that brought me here in the first place). LOL! So, I won't go into great detail. However, last year I ended a relationship that should have ended a long time ago. I was married. I am in NO way the type of guy who does not take his commitments seriously. But, it gets hard to do that when the woman you married turns into somebody completely different from who you thought you knew. It is hard to do that when, throughout your entire marriage, you are not appreciated one bit. I have basically no self-esteem, so for me to finally break down and realize I deserve better really says something.

To be honest, I think the relationship was over in my head a long time before I realized it. I kept trying to tell myself these are not thing for which you end a marriage. Problem is, not only were they, but they were way too plentiful. Anyway, we took our time a little bit on getting things moving. With both needed some of our own time. Time to heal. Time to learn to be our own people again. I had a few set backs (such as a bad work situation) that kind of put my life on hold.

But, now we are moving forward with the divorce, and I will soon be moving in to my own place. I have felt ready to move on for a while now, but every fiber of my being tells me the right thing to do is to at least be moved into my own place, and have the divorce at least in gear (preferably fully completed, but at least on its way) before I even think about finding love again.

And, being that I've always been sort of a hopeless romantic, it would be a shame for me not to try again. And the thing is....that time is soon. Our divorce is in the process. We get along and plan to part amicably (or at least I do and can only assume she is being truthful when she says she does). Hence... in thinking about it.... I started to freak out a little. LOL! Now, I have to learn how to talk to women. I have to learn how to date. I have to get over my insane level of shyness. But, I will surely talk more about that in posts to come.

Hi TheEvilJester and welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion! Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Welcome