+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did he mention dating?

Why did he mention dating?

Why would a guy friend say "remind me not to date you" then say he was just teasing. I had never even thought of dating him... Until now! It's like he put the idea out there. We tease and flirt a lot but "remind me not to date you" actually upset me because I don't really know how I feel about him. He even said "I know you can take a joke" and I guess the "joke" was that he wouldn't date me. Why even bring it up at all? Would you, if you had no interest in dating your friend? It was like he wanted me to react... Which I did because I keep bringing it up (I'll do something and say is that another reason not to date me?" And i'll laugh)

I don't think he was considering dating you - instead I think he was reacting to something you'd said and was making a negative comment. Kind of like when someone mentions chucking a lot of sickies and a friend says "remind me not to employ you". Or if someone mentions trashing a holiday house and is told "remind me not to rent my house to you"

What did you say/do before he said this?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.