+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on overhearing a friend say he want's "to **ck my girlfriend more than ever"

Advice on overhearing a friend say he want's "to **ck my girlfriend more than ever"

We're mid twenties. She has a coworker who I'm friends with and regularly play games online with his roommate and we communicate over skype. Tonight I heard him come home from work after working a shift with my girlfriend and as soon as he came in the door he yelled out "XXXX did something tonight that makes me want to **ck her more than ever"

I'm a pretty laid back, nonconfrontational guy, mostly becuase I'm generally nice and easy to get along with. This means I rarely get into situations since I'm usually just on good terms with everyone. I wanted to be an adult about it so I tried calling him to let him know I had overheard him and didn't appreciate it. He didn't answer, but then sent me a huge text apologizing and saying it was an "oh shit" moment, he didn't mean it, values our friendship, etc.

Now, my gf is gorgeous, and I think she's the most beautiful girl in the world. If I were single I'd feel the way he does about her, but she's not single. I replied to him letting him know that I know she's great, I'm lucky to wake up next to her for the past two years. Thanks for the apology now apologize to her too and know that were going to make fun of you for a while for this because thats the price you pay for being a jackass."

just wondering if I could have handled it better? My gf said it was sweet so that's what counts eh?
    Last edited by appleton1883; 12-09-13 at 04:49 PM.

I think you handled it OK with him, but I'm concerned about your girlfriends reaction. It's not 'sweet'. I think a reaction of 'thanks for the heads up, I'll be careful around him" would have left me feeling far more comfortable.

I'm usually one of the least suspicious women on this forum......but her reaction makes me wonder if there's been mutual flirting.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

K_6 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    You've done great and you've got your girlfriend's approval. She would have become defensive if she had been encouraging him. Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I think you handled it OK with him, but I'm concerned about your girlfriends reaction. It's not 'sweet'. I think a reaction of 'thanks for the heads up, I'll be careful around him" would have left me feeling far more comfortable.

I'm usually one of the least suspicious women on this forum......but her reaction makes me wonder if there's been mutual flirting.
    Hi, she was telling me it was sweet what I did, and she def. DID say she wasn't comfortable around him, would make sure to not invite him to social events, etc, Im sorry for not including that info. mostly wondering if my response was appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by appleton1883 View Post
    Hi, she was telling me it was sweet what I did, and she def. DID say she wasn't comfortable around him, would make sure to not invite him to social events, etc, Im sorry for not including that info. mostly wondering if my response was appropriate.
    Oh, in that case - it's all good
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I agree with everyone else, you did good!

You did great until the "we're going to make fun of you part". That was childish, and just puts someone on the defensive. No need for that.

You did alright, handled it maturely, but don't make fun of the guy. You're a guy it's a "guy" thing to talk like that if women aren't around and I am sure you know it. The guy apologized and there are enough jerks out there who won't even give you that much.

Similar things have happened to me before. At a party once with some friends everyone had been drinking hard and one of the guys asked my then girlfriend (now wife) to take her top off so he could see her t*ts. She didn't know how to react and this is just how those guys acted around women and why I don't hang around them anymore and why they are all still single well into their 30s. Boys will be boys, but at a time like this I wouldn't stay too close to this guy if I were you. He sounds sort of like a casual friend to begin with. You just never know. What bothers me is that he said it without even checking to see who was around by the sounds of it. Not good.