+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need some advice

I need some advice

Okay, my fiance and I have been together for five years and we're planning our wedding. He got a tattoo of the initials of his ex when he was a teen in an attempt to get her back. He's had the tattoo for about 13 years now and I feel like it's time for it to go. It's not something that I obsess over or think about everyday or anything, but I feel like it's time for it to go. I don't really like confrontation so I don't know how to approach the conversation. It was something he had before I got with him and I knew he had it. Any suggestions how to bring up the subject without making it seem like its something that weights on my mind everyday?

I would say something like "have you ever thought of having that tattoo removed/covered?" and see where the conversation leads. But don't tell him that you think it's time for it to go. This really should be his own decision.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

is it bothering you more now that you are close to getting married? if that's why be honest and tell him exactly why you'd like him to consider covering it up covering it over would be quicker than removing, wouldn't it? go to the tattoo place and pick out a cover tattoo you'd both like him to have, maybe to celebrate your upcoming marriage.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake