+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm only friends with boys, girls are crazy and boring

I'm only friends with boys, girls are crazy and boring

My she was: Annnnnnnnnoying.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

For a moment, I was afraid you were pulling a Michelle.

Annoying but correct...

... pffft! ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You don't agree? I'm genuinely curious - I would have thought you agreed with the message of the video :-).

I didn't agree with woman who said they mostly have men friends, that they don't get along with other women and their drama but: To tell you the truth, it's girls like her that makes me understand why some females say they mostly have men friends. Pink hair, condenscending, Barbie bed/bed room. *pukes*

I'd say: Find a better deliverer of the message. Its women like her that I keep away from as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I didn't agree with woman who said they mostly have men friends, that they don't get along with other women and their drama but: To tell you the truth, it's girls like her that makes me understand why some females say they mostly have men friends. Pink hair, condenscending, Barbie bed/bed room. *pukes*

I'd say: Find a better deliverer of the message. Its women like her that I keep away from as a friend.
    She doesn't sound condescending to me... she actually says at the beginning that she was once one of those girls who said that.

I really don't think she is a "girly-girl", apart from appearance. And even if she is a girly-girl, what she says is still very much true IMO :-).
    Last edited by searock; 16-09-13 at 01:38 AM.

I'm reserve the right to kill the messenger ... lol

Oh I agree it's me...I can't adapt to being around women even as a kid. I never rejected female friendships, I've had plenty and I do have female friends but I always feel more comfortable around guys. The problem is women expect more on an emotional level which I'm not like that...so that's why it fails. When I go out on a girls weekend I notice they have to constantly reassure each other about how they look. "Oh you look great in that", "You have a great figure and don't let anyone tell you different". "That hair colour make you look 10 years younger!"....it goes on and on. Guys don't do that...and neither do I. So if I don't chime in I'm looked at as some insensitive bitch, not being part of the group. Women can be so clicky. I can't just be myself so I get bored with it. Again it fails. So ya it is me, but not because I am not open to female relationships. I just don't fit in.

I have been told many times that I'm different, so it's not all in my mind as described.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Oh I agree it's me...I can't adapt to being around women even as a kid. I never rejected female friendships, I've had plenty and I do have female friends but I always feel more comfortable around guys. The problem is women expect more on an emotional level which I'm not like that...so that's why it fails. When I go out on a girls weekend I notice they have to constantly reassure each other about how they look. "Oh you look great in that", "You have a great figure and don't let anyone tell you different". "That hair colour make you look 10 years younger!"....it goes on and on. Guys don't do that...and neither do I. So if I don't chime in I'm looked at as some insensitive bitch, not being part of the group. Women can be so clicky. I can't just be myself so I get bored with it. Again it fails. So ya it is me, but not because I am not open to female relationships. I just don't fit in.

I have been told many times that I'm different, so it's not all in my mind as described.
    I can relate... a few nights ago I was out with my boyfriend, a female friend of ours and two of her female friends. My boyfriend had to leave for a short while and I was left with the three girls. I literally didn't know what to say - they kept going on and on about makeup and nail polish etc... I was so bored and honestly a bit shocked that some people can actually have half-hour conversations on such tedious (to me) subjects. However, I know that not all girls are like that (and also, there is nothing wrong in finding make up and nail polish fascinating! It's just not something I personally am that interested in). My friend who was there that night isn't always like that of course, and I have other female friends who aren't like that either. It's all about finding the right persons. For a long time when I was younger, I thought that girls were boring and crazy and dramatic, etc... then I realized that those were just prejudices. I've since met wonderful girls that I am incredibly happy to have as my friends - including girls that I used to look down on, from the height of my "one-of-the-guys"-ness. All it took was a shift in perspective.

I think the point of this video isn't to say that if you have only guy friends then you're a horrible person or something, it's to say that if you have only guy friends because you think girls are worse than guys, then well, you must be a bit confused to say the least. First of all, because you are a girl yourself, and you are not unique. It's hurtful for everyone to perpetuate the stereotype of "girl = emotional, over-dramatic, crazy, boring, nagging, etc"... and it's so sad when it's a girl who does it.

By the way, the reason lots of women compliment each other on their looks is that there is huge societal pressure to look good - guys don't have the same amount of pressure. Those compliments are just part of small talk anyway, there's a lot more beneath the surface.
    Last edited by searock; 16-09-13 at 03:51 AM.

I'm 49 years old....still can't fit in. Like I said they expect you to be on this emotional level with them...I just can't do it. One of my friends kind of hinted at how I had a lack of response when she was hoping for one. I don't have a nurturing bone in my body...I don't like babies or kids, or hugging, cry on my shoulder and talk about feelings....it's not me. I want to sit around, poke fun at another, talk about how great beer and bacon is and have a laugh...is that too much to ask?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When I was younger, I preferred male company. Well, I generally still do, but I know that my most important relationships are with women (I am pretty selective about them, though). It seems they are the ones who will stick by you and offer support when things are rough. There may be males like this too; unfortunately, I just don't really know any.

EDIT: I actually like the girl in that video. Even her pink hair.
    Last edited by vashti; 16-09-13 at 05:29 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I'm 49 years old....still can't fit in. Like I said they expect you to be on this emotional level with them...I just can't do it. One of my friends kind of hinted at how I had a lack of response when she was hoping for one. I don't have a nurturing bone in my body...I don't like babies or kids, or hugging, cry on my shoulder and talk about feelings....it's not me. I want to sit around, poke fun at another, talk about how great beer and bacon is and have a laugh...is that too much to ask?
    Not at all, it's just that many girls enjoy those things too, not just you. I think you just haven't found the right women - not that you are supposed to find them eh, I'm just saying that not all girls just want to talk about feelings all the time and that sort of thing. You are an example and there are many others. Not all girls are the same - and not all guys are the same, either. I know guys who are extremely "cuddly" (not with me of course), they want to talk about their feelings all the time, they are self-conscious about the way they look, and so on (and no, they are most definitely not gay). Take the gender stereotypes away, and you'll find that everyone is different, no matter if they're male or female.

Basically I'm just saying, let's stop stereotyping. Girls aren't all "crazy, dramatic and emotional". We just aren't. It's silly and harmful to say something like that about ourselves.

She look a bit funky but every word she shaid is true. Thank you Searock. This is much better than videos I ussualy watch. I subscribed.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will