+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HOW Should I call Myself?? (Elena vs Lena)

ELENA vs LENA (HOW Should I call Myself??)

Hi I am not too new here, but since the section is called "introduce yourself" I felt my question would be relevant, at least somewhat..

So my name is Elena, usually pronounced as e-lay-na, but it has a short form Lena.

But I never used my short name before, nobody even really knows about it.

But recently I made some changes in my life, I moved, started at different university, changed the program to the one that I actually enjoy, etc, so in a way began a new, better life..

SO, I am thinking, as a finishing touch, of now introducing myself as Lena (Lee-nah) instead. And maybe later even changing this officially to my first name, and shifting Elena to middle name..

I know it may sound somewhat childish to think about changing your name, but actually, I now know that a name means a lot in how you perceive yourself. even when you think of yourself with a different name.. and especially if then others call you in a different way. It does make you feel very differently!

At the same time, objectively, I really like the name Elena, and the way it's spelt. I think it's very soft, feminine, elegant (yet not too pretentious), and even romantic..

Lena is more simple; it's not too romantic or as "elegant".. On other hand it does sound nice, smooth and also more "natural", hope you know what I mean (as in "easier" more "everyday, conventional")..

And I do want to change the way people call me now. (I believe it matters a lot, psychologically, and will help a lot in becoming and remaining a new, better and happier person that I am now..

(and maybe when I'm 40 or so I will switch back to the more sophisticated "Elena")

=>So do you personally see the switch from Elena to Lena as any kind of "big loss"?

Elena or Lena, Which one do you personally like more?

(Also, maybe you have other suggestions for derivatives that are beautiful and kind of close to Elena, so it doesn't look to weird like I am using a Completely different name)
    Last edited by Fjortis; 17-09-13 at 10:29 PM.

Hi Fjortis and welcome to Love Forum - Online Relationship Discussion! Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

i prefer ' lena ' over elena. whatever you yourself prefer to hear others call you.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I like Elena :-)

I like Eliena name but in the way of pronounce Lena is better because its easy to pronounce and also short.