+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the meaning of this?

He would invite you out on dates where you had no input. Did you ever think to invite him somewhere? He put his arm around your waist, without your permission...it was a date!

Yea, well people like FoL need to be in control at all times or they lose their mojo.

When she's all grown up (hopefully) she'll realize that that kind of confidence is rather sexy *when you're with the right person* and no "permission" need be granted.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yea, well people like FoL need to be in control at all times or they lose their mojo.

When she's all grown up (hopefully) she'll realize that that kind of confidence is rather sexy *when you're with the right person* and no "permission" need be granted.
    It's this kind "confidence" that makes a guy think he can do whatever he wants with a girl. A guy should know his place and ask for permission if he wants to do something with her.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Yea.. whatever!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    So, I dated a guy briefly (a little over a month). I decided to stop dating him because he was a skinflint. He didn't even pay for the first date even though he can afford to (he is an engineer).
    i'm an Engineer...so ..if he is tops in his field i sorta have an idea what he might be making...

Cheapness is NO excuse...dont contact him again...you cant love/beat/scorn/humiliate cheapness out of a dude....or a dudette...

Men should ALWAYS pay...hell I even pay for my sis when we hang out...and she doesn't even count as a girl...

R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12