+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Why do you men string women along?

That's the only obligation he has to the child is financially because most governments do not want to take on the "obligation" of having to pay for the upbringing of the product of two peoples stupidity. Everything else is voluntarily. Some volunteer and some do not. My personal opinion is that they should do what is right and be there for their child(ren) (but only if they are actually good male role models and a productive member of society.) They can fk off if they are a hood or gang banger that won't help anyone to be there.

I find women like Op that have children to try and force their lover's hand to be emotionally damaged in some way. I find men who have condomless sex with women they don't want children with to be vile and stupid. I'm obviously judgemental that way and I don't think anyone's arguement will sway my opinion. Mistakes or broken marriages with children are one thing, entrapment is quite another.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 25-09-13 at 11:48 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Rules: #1 Never trust a man that cheats on his wife/GF.

#2 Never trust a woman.
    Wow, really? Me thinks you've been hanging out with the jaded boys way too long.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I guess my feelings on that are very strong and can't be swayed. I believe with me, it comes from personal issues I dealt with growing up. I didn't have a good father figure in my life and I basically had to learn everything on my own in terms of men and relationships. I looked for love in all the wrong places and I didn't make a lot of good decisions concerning that. At one point, I almost couldn't stand men because I felt like every hurt I had came from them.. It really really bothers me for men to not do what their supposed to do. Seriously.
    Last edited by Starnique; 25-09-13 at 11:59 PM.

I understand your pain Star and I'm not trying to trivialize it in the least. But, had your father stayed in your life and really didn't want to be there, can you imagine what he would be teaching you then about men? The thing I think women need to keep important is that the key word is GOOD male role models. Mothers need to make sure that their fatherless children are surrounded by good men that will show them positive, loving actions. Uncles, coaches, teachers, etc. There is a Big Brother and Big Sisters programme that will allow your children to be shown positive gender influence.

Ya everyone can stand around all day and say "he should" "It's his moral obligation" blah blah blah. That doesn't change how life happens.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Talk about internalized sexism... *eyeroll*
    just like "women.....can't live with them.....pass the peanuts.

just like "women.....can't live with them.....pass the peanuts.
    Huh ?

[QUOTE=Wakeup;943514]I understand your pain Star and I'm not trying to trivialize it in the least.[QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I know you're good peoples. My dad was around but he wasn't a good role model. I just think he could've did a lot better. He couldn't be there for me, he was way too heavy in the streets but I'm extremely close to his mother, my grandmother. Everybody say she favor me but no, we just have a special relationship. He tries but I'm grown now. When children are little, they are more loving and forgiving and accepting. They don't see no wrong, they just love you but when their older its harder to establish a relationship because they already have a formed opinion about you. That's why its important to be there in their growing and developing years. But yes, I do get you. That's why people need to be careful who they have children with because in the end, the kids end up paying for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Huh ?
    Part of an old saying, but made into a joke.

Original version : "women....can't live with then, can't live without them"

Joke: A guy siting at the bar and says to the bartender "women...can't live with them, pass the peanuts".

God I thought everyone has heard that old cheastnut.

English isn't her native language. Probably hadn't heard it before.

Part of an old saying, but made into a joke.

Original version : "women....can't live with then, can't live without them"

Joke: A guy siting at the bar and says to the bartender "women...can't live with them, pass the peanuts".

God I thought everyone has heard that old cheastnut.
    I think it might just be a joke in the US. I don't know it either
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Smackie's in Canada.

I could ask the same question to ladies, actually. But do I? No. Why? Because it's a sexist stereotype.

Live above it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456