+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure if her tweet was aimed at me/should I give up talking to her?

Not sure if her tweet was aimed at me/should I give up talking to her?

I've been talking to this girl over a distance, more of a penpal sort of thing and we both found each other attractive, got to know each other, etc. But she's been acting a bit off with me lately..

Here was the conversation http://oi39.tinypic.com/30ml1s1.jpg

But I noticed after I told her I was only teasing her (which as at 11pm), the following morning at around 9, she tweeted ""Haven't you f*cked off yet? #wanker".

I'm just wondering, would this be aimed at me? She ended up texting two days later (as it carries on).

Lately, I asked if something was bothering her? I didn't get a reply to the text, so a day after I inboxed her on Facebook asking if I've done anything wrong, and that I "seem to be getting the impression that you don't want me talking to you any more" . It says she's seen the message, but still no reply.

Should I let things rest and go no contact? I feel like it's a mess and that I should just block her instead, so it at least makes me feel happier.

What's the best course of action? Thanks

I ended up saying "Anyway, I've done what I can to talk to you and be friendly. I'll back off now, you know where I am if you ever want to speak. Hope things go great for you in the future." but I think this was a bad idea.

I feel like I've made myself look needy, but I wanted to show to her that my life isn't going to stop and that she knows where I am if she wants to talk.

Even if she does get talking to me again, it's a girl I have only spoken to a few times on the phone and mostly messages so no loss. I'm just angry I wasted time on this situation.

If she ever does want to talk to me though, at least I've told her that she knows where I am and not acted angry about it, I acted calm and rational instead. May have acted needy, but I won't be contacting her again now the ball is in her court.

Now I'm going to focus on the other exciting things in my life and update my Facebook about how I am enjoying myself, then at least she can clearly see that I'm not bothered.

Is this the same girl who you keep having misunderstandings with? It seems to me that your teasing and jokes are falling flat. She's finding you weird instead of amusing.

Also, why are you still teasing her after your other recent efforts at teasing have come off badly? I would have hoped you'd learned your lesson after the last misunderstandings. You're coming across like the kid who pulls pigtails because he doesn't know how to show his fondness in a more appropriate way.

All that being said, I suggest you get some perspective. She's not a girlfriend who you need to stress over - she's just a random who you chat with on the internet. If it's not working, you don't need to block her....just stop contacting her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

She doesn't even live near you so what's the point of all this crap. What a waste of time. Don't they have girls in your town you can date or are you so inadequate you can only talk to women via text messages, twitter or other online bullshite?