+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do many guys now assume it's a lie when a girl tells them she's a virgin?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Thankfully, I'm pretty sure most guys aren't like that. I've met guys like that and they were all creepy older guys...
    An older one would definitely be a creep; I was referring to guys in the high school to early 20's range. If it's a much older man and the woman is an older virgin, then he would wonder what happened and it stops being something positive. Everything has an age limit at some point.
    For example, a 32 year-old female virgin would not really turn on too many older men looking to settle down at that point in life and seek a compatible partner that knows what she wants.
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 27-09-13 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoonSal View Post
    A older one would definitely be a creep; I was referring to guys in the high school to early 20's range.
    Oh, in that case, most of them are still pretty insecure, so they want a girl that is as inexperienced as they are because they fear being compared with other (possibly better) lovers. If the guy is a virgin himself, I can totally understand why he'd rather have sex with a virgin, and I don't think it's creepy (provided she is about the same age as he is. For example, 40 year old virgin guy with 20 year old virgin girl = creepy). When I was a virgin, I myself preferred to have sex with a virgin, my first time.

Sorry but your ex bf sounds like a creep - why would he be happy that you were a virgin? It's just a thing like any other. It's creepy that it made him "love you more".

I don't think most guys think that girls are lying when they say they are virgins. Saying you are a virgin doesn't make you "look good".
    Searock, you are the creep. You need extensive therapy.

Has nothing to do with insecurity, it's called nature. It's no secret that the best time to make offspring is when the woman is young and healthy - nature dictates this. It's only natural for guys to gravitate towards younger healthier females. Why is this such a mystery to some women.
    Last edited by toknow; 28-09-13 at 04:11 AM.

I don't know why you have to poke a stick at a simple honest asumption. He didn't believe you, but also he didn't really know you all that well at the time either. As him loving you more, well that could be bull shit on his end to make you feel better. I think he actually meant he was flattered that you chose him to be the one.....it boosted his ego.....sometimes guys get that confused with love.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    Has nothing to do with, insecurity it's called nature. It's no secret that the best time to make offspring is when the woman is young and healthy - nature dictates this. It's only natural for guys to gravitate towards younger healthier females. Why is this such a mystery to some women.
    True thought we don't have too much of an age difference. I'll be turning 27 on April and he's going to be 29 on Dec.
    As far as offspring, I'm still not really interested in kids and told him this from the start. I would be happy with just a life partner that I can travel with.

A more perfect example for this would be my parents' case. My mother had just graduated from HS when she met my father (she was barely 18 then), who is 10-11 older than her. They got married after 2-3 years of dating and she had me that following year. She was only 21 when she became a mother.
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 28-09-13 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I think he actually meant he was flattered that you chose him to be the one.....it boosted his ego.....sometimes guys get that confused with love.
    Yeah he seemed happy that I chose him.

Most people who are virgins that come to this forum are pretty fed up at being one so I'm wondering why anyone would proclaim to be one, when they were not?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    It's no secret that the best time to make offspring is when the woman is young and healthy - nature dictates this. It's only natural for guys to gravitate towards younger healthier females.
    Being young and healthy has nothing to do with virginity: there are plenty of young healthy non-virgin women. Being a virgin (or not being a virgin) is not an "added bonus", it's just a thing like any other. Guys that aren't virgins and that consider virgin girls to be somehow "more attractive" are just plain creepy. No need to get your panties up in a bunch just because you are one of those creeps :-).
    Last edited by searock; 28-09-13 at 04:14 AM.

Being young and healthy has nothing to do with virginity: there are plenty of young healthy non-virgin women. Being a virgin (or not being a virgin) is not an "added bonus", it's just a thing like any other. Guys that aren't virgins and that consider virgin girls to be somehow "more attractive" are just plain creepy. No need to get your panties up in a bunch just because you are one of those creeps :-).
    I guess my father would have been considered more creepier than my ex bf. He was already 28 when he met my barely 18 year-old mother who was finishing HS and he was (still is) her first too.

I think it's a general male nature thing. He's generally not going to go for the wild, party girls if he's seeking either a long-term relationship or wanting marriage. I know, even though some can be hypocrites I guess that's how nature goes.
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 28-09-13 at 04:34 AM.

...yeah, creepy. No offense and I'm glad it worked out OK between them.

You can ignore the truth all you want searock, but that's not going to make your life any easier, in fact just the opposite.

And yes, you are a creep.

Guys like to hear it because we know the girl hasn't been around the block. Trust me, guys like a virgin girl, there is still a special feeling that she's waited for someone like you her whole life.

However, it is getting harder and harder to believe. There was a time people thought Miley Cyrus would have been a virgin right? Why is this relevant? Because society has practically brainwashed our kids into thinking that something is wrong with you if you are still a virgin and that couldn't be further from the truth.

There is nothing wrong with being a virgin, but there is definitely nothing wrong with not being one, either (provided you're over 16 or something). Most guys don't give a damn whether the girl is a virgin or not (unless they are virign/inexperienced themselves). Actually, most of the guys I know would rather sleep with and date a more experienced woman, rather than a virgin.

There is nothing either good or bad about being or not being a virgin.

There is, however, absolutely something wrong with calling someone "creepy" because he or she prefers to be with a virgin (or not virgin).

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks Smackie for giving the post which should close this thread.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast