+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stay or go?

Stay or go?

Okay, my boyfriend and I have been dating for two years, since I was 17 year old college freshman. I am a 19yr college junior and he is a 21 yr college senior. He is a great guy and my first serious relationship, I lost my virginity to him. We both are going to go to grad school and we both have two years of undergrad left. Our relationship is perfectly average, we get along and rarely fight. The problem is we have no future together. He doesn't want to move in together senior year and I don't think we should even attempt to go to grad school together if we don't move in together. He joked about a long distance relationship but no way I could do a 4+ year long distance. So at the most we have two years left together, but I don't know if I should stay or leave.

I do love him and he is the first guy I have ever loved but at times I feel as though our relationship is just stale and we simply stay together because we are used to each other. I don't really "feel" anything when we kiss and our sex life is average I suppose. He treats me well and we spend every night together and have since we started dating. At times I really love him, miss him, and want to be around him, other times I want to find the first hot guy I come across and jump into his lap. lol I really don't want to lose his friendship by breaking up and I enjoy his company but a lot of my passion left when I truly realized we have no future together. Now, I'm not a sappy kind of girl and the idea of marriage sends me into a panic attack but I guess I'm just wanting a guy who thinks I am his world. Maybe I read to any romance novels?

Anyway, now I'm really confused as to whether we should stay together or break up. I know breaking up would hurt him way more than me but at the same time I would feel lonely, although that's a horrible reason to stay together. He is my lunch buddy and I consider him a friend. I asked him if he thought he was missing out on another girl by being with me and he said he didn't, I guess he is happy with the way our relationship is but I feel unsatisfied, I guess would be the best way to put it.

Sorry if this is confusing or doesn't make any sense, I had a long post typed out and it got ate.

Go ahead and get laid. They say the hottest guys are in Europe.

At 19, you really have no idea what you want in life and either does he.
    People grow and change. Its a normal part of life and sometimes.. people grow apart
    from eachother. It hurts .. but it happens. either through outside factors or inside emotions.

If you dont feel it in your heart .. you know it true in your head and if you
    dont see a future with this guy, why drag it on and make it more painful latter in life?

Maybe in latter years and you both have dated others, you decide to try it again after
    your life has settled a bit. Maybe not.

You are a few years away from being able to go to the clubs, if you haven't already....there's a whole new world of fun and excitement just waiting for you. You will figure it out eventually that there is more to life than the old boring BF. You are way too young to be stuck in a long time relationship. There are guys out there just waiting to flirt with you and party with.........there's plenty of time for finding romance down the road.....enjoy your youth!