+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Returning home in a couple months and probably going to run into a girl I creeped out

Returning home in a couple months and probably going to run into a girl I creeped out

This girl and I were "talking" for a little bit while I was home for a couple months last time I was in town. We hooked up a few times but we weren't anything serious. I thought however, that it would be cute of me to ask her out on a date. I knew it wasn't going to grow into a relationship and she knew that too, but I did enjoy hanging out with her and wanted to show her that. I even told her it wasn't anything serious. Anyways, she took it well and sounded like she was really interested in hanging out too. I tried to set it up a few times but she was always busy, or at least that is what she said. I started to think she was blowing me off, but I wasn't sure so I tried harder. But the harder I tried, the less interested she seemed. I felt offended that she couldn't just be straight up with me and I took it personally. I ended up running into her a couple nights later when I was out and drunkenly told her that the whole date thing wasn't a good idea. I didn't have a good feeling about doing that the next day so I texted her trying to apologize. No response. I tried texting her the night after that to ask her if everything was alright and got no response then either. "**** it, if she isn't going to respond then I have nothing to lose sending her a Facebook message explaining myself," I thought. I was leaving the next day anyways so it doesn't matter. I regretted sending it as soon as I pressed the button and haven't heard from her since. I didn't say anything creepy in the message, I just felt like a creep after I sent it. It has been close to two months now since then.

Long story short, I think I creeped this girl out, and, although I am neither, I came off as clingy and desperate. I haven't thought of her much since then but it is more than likely that I will run into her when we both return home for Thanksgiving. What's my play? Do I say hi or initiate conversation? And lastly, is there any chance of turning this in my favor? I'd like to have things back to the way we were and leave the option of hooking up back out there.

This is what I have came up with so far so please feel free to criticize and critique. I'll probably run into her at the bars. Afterall we have the same friends so it is more than likely. I was thinking I'll just go up to her, say hi, giver her a hug and say something along the lines like "Sorry, sometimes I creep too hard," in a joking manner and laugh it off. Hopefully she will take it well and the night will go great for me. I think this is the best option as it leaves the door open for whatever. I really don't care if anything comes from it, I just don't want anything to be weird between us.

Anyways, I'm just throwing ideas out there and would like to know what you all think about the whole situation. Is there any redemption?

If you bump into her be polite and let her do the running if she wants to.

I wouldn't mention being a creeper. If you do, she'll know it's still dwelling on your mind and you'll come off -you guessed it- creepy. Just say hi, ask her how she's doing and ignore the whole incident.

Bro, learn to take a hint. She may not have told you straight up to leave her alone but I don't know how she can possibly make it more clear that she wants nothing to do with you.

For future reference, if you try twice - MAYBE a third time if you're really persistent but even that's pushing it imo - to set up a hookup with a woman and she doesn't at least suggest another time and/or day, she isn't interested. Forget about her - she has undoubtedly forgotten about you some time ago. There will be plenty of other women at the bars, there always are, so it's not like whether or not you get to **** her will make you or break you.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    Bro, learn to take a hint. She may not have told you straight up to leave her alone but I don't know how she can possibly make it more clear that she wants nothing to do with you.

For future reference, if you try twice - MAYBE a third time if you're really persistent but even that's pushing it imo - to set up a hookup with a woman and she doesn't at least suggest another time and/or day, she isn't interested. Forget about her - she has undoubtedly forgotten about you some time ago. There will be plenty of other women at the bars, there always are, so it's not like whether or not you get to **** her will make you or break you.
    Ok I am just going to assume one of two things. Either you are trying to be a dick for no reason, or you didn't read my post at all. I have no intention of hitting her up or trying to go out on another date. I was asking for advice on how to deal with a potentially awkward situation if I happen to run into her. If there is a possibility to turn it in my favor, I am open to suggestions. So please, offer something constructive next time.

To the others who responded, thanks for your advice. I think it's best now to not mention it and act cordially. Hopefully I can save some face as the nice guy, and not the clinger that I came off as.

I would just ignore her completely, how embarassing

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood View Post
    Ok I am just going to assume one of two things. Either you are trying to be a dick for no reason, or you didn't read my post at all. I have no intention of hitting her up or trying to go out on another date. I was asking for advice on how to deal with a potentially awkward situation if I happen to run into her. If there is a possibility to turn it in my favor, I am open to suggestions. So please, offer something constructive next time.

To the others who responded, thanks for your advice. I think it's best now to not mention it and act cordially. Hopefully I can save some face as the nice guy, and not the clinger that I came off as.
    It seems common sense strikes a nerve with you for some odd reason.

What's the point in trying to make the most of a situation with someone who obviously wants nothing to do with you? There is no point, that's part of what I was getting at.

Treat her like any other person and move on. It won't be too awkward unless you start obsessing over her again and/or trying to get into her pants.