+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Absolutely speechless!

Absolutely speechless!

This is a LONG story but I will keep it as short as possible.

• 9 Months ago my girlfriend of 2 years broke up with me
    • I was devastated and went through hell
    • she turned her back on me completely, as if I didn't exist
    • I would have done anything to get her back
    • We went through a phase of hating one another
    • I finally started to move on after 10 months

Well now here is the thing.

The other night we met accidentally in a bar, started talking and my ex ended up crying into my shoulder about how she misses me!!
    Despite cutting me off completely, and acting as is she has an amazing life without me she ends up in tears over losing me.

Now here is my dilema.

Recently I have started dating a new girl in work.

I quite like her and she quite likes me.

We have only dates a handful of times but there is alot of chemistry going on.

On the other hand I still love my ex to pieces but not sure what to do.

Do I risk losing this new girl by rekindling things with my ex? (Losing self respect in the process after all she did to me?)
    I love my ex to pieces and always wanted her back, but now I can't decide.

Or do I risk starting a new relationship with someone I barely know? Losing my chances with my ex?

So lost!

Quote Originally Posted by olb30 View Post
    Or do I risk starting a new relationship with someone I barely know? Losing my chances with my ex?
    Get to know the girl and you won't have to worry about starting a new relationship with someone you barely know.

I can understand how you feel because I went through something similar. But what I did is I went back to my EX. Now when we got back together everything was wonderful! for a few months... then she started doing the same thing, ignoring me, pretending that I don't exist. I honestly wish that I would have went with the other girl, start fresh, a new life, but it was to late, she had moved on herself. You might actually fall in love with this new girl and wouldn't have to worry about anything else. She broke up with you, she has to live with her decisions. Your heart can trick you in so many ways, but sometimes you gotta take a step back and look at the big picture, use your mind and think of what you really want in a woman. Someone who had already left you before without a reason or care in the world. Or someone new that might treat you the way you want to be treated. You decide.

This isn't really a question any one on here can answer for you. Pretty risky your dating someone from work and now u potentially will be pissing this girl off by going back with your ex.. That'll be awkward at work.. So you said u had moved on.. So the second u see her crying drunk at a bar, you instantly think of taking her back? Everything else is out the window? Girls cry. Especially when drunk. Try things once again with her if U think things will go better but your gonna lose this other girl in the process. She's always going to Wonder if you'll run back to your ex. Spend a couple weeks thinking about this. Don't be impulsive. It's a big decision. Not just picking which girl to go with, but maybe setting yourself up to get hurt again by your ex.

Relationships normally break down for a good reason and most of the time trying again will only result in another spectacular failure. Also, she left you, you were devastated and for a while you both hated each other. So why would you even consider for a millisecond getting back together with somebody capable of shafting you like this? Are you reallty that desperate to be in a relationship? Do you have some self respect issues because most of us wouldn't put up with it. There must be thousands of other women around you can date. Why not try finding one?

What was the reason she gave you for the break up?

Hey buddy:

this is one of those situations where you have to really understand your heart and be objectively truthful about the situation. first of all, decide if you could have either girl, which would be your number one choice. this will tell you were your heart is. if your choice is your ex, then that tells you that you probably arent 100% into this new girl. however, i wouldnt pursue anything seriously with your ex. you said you were at a bar. how much did she have to drink? this could explain the emotion and crying over you. you can test her true feelings by seeing if it is consistant over time. if this time in the bar is the only time she "misses" you, then it was probably the alcohol talking. if you keep casual communication (nothing betraying your current girlfriend) and she still seems really interested in you, then you know it was real....and at that point will have to make a choice on which girl you want to pursue seriously. it doenst sound like your current girlfriend is all that serious yet as you have only been on a few dates, so this shouldnt be a problem to shoot your ex a text or phone call and see how she responds. for more advice, visit advice4aprice.com