+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex Girlfriend

Ex Girlfriend

Hi everyone,

I have quite a problem. My girlfriend just ended our relationship after 3 years. She said that she cares about me but doubts a future together. I am really invested to get her back, but I'm unsure if there is even the possibility of that. I care deeply about her and honestly thought she was the woman I would marry one day. What do you think? Is there eveb a chance of us getting back together?

Tough to say but there's is always a chance. I would give her space right now to think things out and gather her thoughts. I know it's hard as I've just gone through a similar situation but try to make the best of it

It really depends on why she ended things with you. Did the two of you argue? Have a relationship which had ups and downs? Different directions for the future?

Tell us more about what the relationship was like
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I would ask her for specifics. What is making her doubt the future? If it's something you think can change or are willing to change, show her that you are making an effort.

Quote Originally Posted by DalM0m View Post
    I would ask her for specifics. What is making her doubt the future? If it's something you think can change or are willing to change, show her that you are making an effort.
    Though if she's already asked for change and you weren't open to change, it's very likely she's now given up and moved on.

This is just a guess though. Without more info on what the relationship was like, there's little we can offer you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It's quite simple. She clearly believes the relationship is not giving her all she needs from it. So:
    1. Identify those needs.
    2. Can you change the relationship so that those needs are met?

If you genuinely can then things might work, otherwise no chance.
    But I'm not optimistic. Relationships that break up once rarely seem to work.

Give her ( and yourself ) some space, let the dust settle. There is always a chance of getting her back. After a while, make contact with her. If all goes well, then request to meet her ( not a date ) so you can discuss where it went wrong. Either way, you deserve to know what went wrong.