+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is going on?

What is going on?

Okay I'm gonna explain a situation that happened on the weekend, me and my girlfriend, who are both 18, been going out for 8 months were arguing and she slapped me out of no where, instantly after she did it she said "sorry" then i turned in shock and told her we're over, she went back to going crazy at me, telling me to get out her house and that i was never coming back, started pulling the bed covers off me and pushing me out her room. Called me a little bitch, at the time I was quite emotional, I wasn't going to hit her back and i said "what would make me a bitch is if I hit you back", my eyes must have been watery as i left the room, i said we are over for good, she said good and kicked me out, I went downstairs hoping to sleep down there but her dad was in the room. I came back upstairs after about 10m to see her crying in her bed covers, I explained that her dad was downstairs so i couldn't sleep down there, I could see her crying clearly she felt guilty so I said Chantelle im going to give you one lost chance to apologies, she said she was sorry and was crying, I said it dosent matter we're over.

After that I went downstairs, she came down after a while and ended up crying hysterically for hours saying how sorry she was, after about 20m of her saying do you hate me and me saying I don't know I told her id be up in 1 hour and we'll talk then, I really didn't want to but she wouldn't leave me alone. After around 15m I went upstairs to go to sleep as it was about 3am and I was tired, when I walked in the room she was in the bed covers crying and she had been trying to cut her wrists, I asked to see her wrist but she didn't want to show me or for me to see, I eventually saw a slight mark on her wrist, she wasn't trying to kill herself, It was self harming, after that I felt very emotional and said i forgive you but we have to talk about psychiatry in the morning.

Anyway I digress, sorry for the long post, what im wondering and what is still bugging me is why did she not just apologize straight away and why was she still acting angry at me after, I asked her about it and she said she was in shock and not thinking straight, I don't know if i believe that, does anyone have any idea why she was like this?

Soooooo you guys have a type of relationship that has a history of this much drama in it? And now it's reached it's peak with her being physical? Yes it's possible to lose that much control, but it's because she is confused with her feelings. She may love you, but it's not the relationship she wants to be in and she is at war with her emotions.

If you two have a love hate relationship, it's not a healthy one. You need to just walk because it's not going to change.

If she's cutting you need to tell her dad. Clearly he likes you because when I was 18 if some guy came out of my room in the middle of the night my father would have beat the &^%$# out of him.

If she hit you, she also needs anger management & you have to end this relationship. Domestic violence does happen to men. If she hit you once, she will hit you again & heaven forbid if you hot back or even try to restrain her in self defense somebody is going to try to lable you as the abuser.

You're 18 You have your whole life ahead of you. You don't need this.

Inform her family of her self-abuse habits and leave the relationship, it's not healthy for either of you.