+ Follow This Topic

Thread: to trust ot not to trust

to trust ot not to trust

Ok.. I apologize up front for the long post.

I start dating my girlfriend back in June. Hit if off from day one. She was seeing other people and so was I. We were intimate the first date after we met.

We chatted a few time in between and we had a few dates and again we were intimate. I asked her if we could be exclusive on the intimate part of the relationship. She ended up giving me a round about yes to the question. A week later, we were suppose to meet on a Friday night and she was running late, which she hadn't done in sometime. I text her and she said she would be there in a bit. She didn;t have her sons that day and she told me she had some running around to take care of while she had the time. My gut told be there was something up, so I figured I would take a ride. Sure enought I showed up at her house and there was another car in her driveway. I proceeded to knock on hte door, no answer until I started ti use her spare set of keys. (I know this was wrong, but I knew what was going on). She answers the door and sure enought tells me a guys is there that she is\was dating and they were suppose to meet to end it. However, old feeling got in the way and one thing led to another and we know how the rest of the story goes. We ahd a short discussion and she told me to give her 20 minutes and we would talk.

We talked, she cried and said she was so sorry that she never wanted that to happen. Ok, soneg and dance I've heard before from others. She siad we weren't exclusive but I reminded her that we made a deal about sex. I made sure she realized I could get in the car and be with another girl that night as I was dating other before I met her.

Anyway, I forgave the situation and decided to move on.

We have been seeing each since. She has introduced me to her family, sons and co-workers. We have built a large circle of mutual friends. We are together very often and she tells me she loves me and we are very intimate. I am going on a trip with her and her sons. I have been invited to Thanksgiving and Christmas with her entire family already.

Now, she had to go on a business trip, which I knew about. After our issue in July, I had some reservations. She ends up going away and I ended up with a few melt downs due to my insecurites, but my gut was telling me something wasn't quiet right. We made it through the trip and had some discussions when she got back. I still had this feeling about this trip but tried to keep it to myself. A few weeks go by and all is good.

Well... due to a non related issue, she feels the need to tell me that she had a one night stand with a guy I know. She wanted me to find out from her before someone else told me who threatened to do so. She said, she was drunk and slept with him on a dare. Well, I was pissed for a few hours but blew it off cause it is her past. My past is nothing to brag about.

So, I was still gutting on this business trip, so I had the chance to check her phone. ( I know not a good thing and not right). Well I see some text from some friends of her's on the trip. A few at 11:00 at night etc. I know she was out drinking, which is fine. But we had a discussion about her abilities to control herself due to the July issue and I know that is is a flirt. There were some statements about her being alone when she go back to the room. a comment here and there but nothing I can definaly say yes something happened. We have talked about the trip and she tells me nothing happened. She is very understandoing about what I am going through and thatshe caused some of this from the July incident.

So here we are. I already have trust issues from prior relationships and being cheated on. My Mom walked out on me when I was 5 and I was raised by my Grandmother. So, I know I have some issues of trust and abandonment already and yes, I know I could use some therapy.

Likewise, my girl has self esteem issues when it comes to men (she relaizes this too). She likes the attention she gets and who doesn't. But it is a matter of drawing the line.

So, we have talked about counciling and it was her suggestion. Which I am trying to line up.

Does she love me... Yes... I have not doubt or she wouldn't have brough me into her family.

But my question is.... Due to what happened in July, the friend she slept with cause she was drunk, my gut about her business trip and my already established trust issues, will I ever be able to trust her?

Thoughts?

Just bang her while you date other girls like you were at the beginning, and don't even consider her for anything more. If you can't do that, then cut her off completely.