+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was this guy being genuine when he sent me this?

Was this guy being genuine when he sent me this?

Okay so it's obvious he likes me... He hasn't said it in a while but you can kind of just tell he still does. And I have known him for awhile, and but I barely see him. My grandfather died an he came to the viewing. Oh and by the way we are both 15. After the viewing he texts me to ask if I'm okay and says he's always here for me. I say thanks, and then he says this to me "it's no big deal. U looked beautiful tonight haha😜😍" and then of course that made me feel a thousand times better. I said thanks and but I didn't know if he was being genuine, and then he said, "I know. I'm just that nice cool guy (his name)😎" and then I said yeah sure whatever lol. And then he said "haha but really I walked in and I was like 😍😍😍😍😍😍" Lol and he has complimented me before, but has never called me BEAUTIFUL before. Do u think he meant it, or was just saying it to help me feel better bc of my loss, or both, even though it was through text. Give me honest answers please. I don't wanna be played.

Julia, I've always found it best to not guess at someone's feelings based on single incidents. It's better to view his actions in general and look for things such as consistency and enthusiasm.

Also, you say that it's obvious he likes you. If this is the case, why do you think you might be played?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Julia, I've always found it best to not guess at someone's feelings based on single incidents. It's better to view his actions in general and look for things such as consistency and enthusiasm.

Also, you say that it's obvious he likes you. If this is the case, why do you think you might be played?
    I thought he might be playing me, because he has a very flirty personality. Idk... I'm just really afraid of Fallon for him when he didn't mean anything more then a small compliment.

And I'm afraid of getting hurt, cuz I tend to fall hard and fast for people. It sux

Quote Originally Posted by Julia51423 View Post
    And I'm afraid of getting hurt, cuz I tend to fall hard and fast for people. It sux
    Everybody gets hurt. It's a fact of life.

I am sorry about the death in your family but seriously a boy who is man enough to come to the wake is a good guy.

I'm not saying you should fall in love with him tomorrow but you should give him a chance. He's kind. He's complimentary. He's flirty. He's doing all the right things here.

Don't start planning your wedding but go on a date with him if he asks.

Life would be boring if were overly cautious with everything we do.....if you like him go for it. Even when you don't get played you still can get hurt....the only way to never get hurt is to never have a BF.

umm you r too young....guys are not usually who you seein the beginning

If you want to know what he was thinking, feeling or even how he feels about you, just ask him it's the only way you'll know and since it's coming from the source you don't have to worry about hearing it through the rumor mill.

Don't double post.

Ah, I've met people who have had flirty personalities, in fact, I've had a problem with a girl I was with for awhile who was flirty... but anyways, I understand how you feel. It's just when they compliment you, and do all these affectionate things when they're with you, but you know how they are so it's difficult to convey the signals. I agree with basilandthyme. It must not be "too" obvious if you're now having second thoughts about it... I'd say wait a little longer. But some insights to give us: Does he ask you out to do things with him? If not, how often do you guys spend time with each other? If so, is it usually just you guys alone? See, if a guy is say, for example, doing things with you for half a day on weekends, when you know school is taking up both of your times, then think about it, THEY'RE SPENDING THEIR FREE TIME OUT OF THEIR BUSY WEEK WITH YOU. That means that they obviously like your company. I think you need to give us more food for thought on this situation. With what you told us, could he like you that way?... Sure, but you have to just pay more attention to him after the event's tensions have dissipated, you know?

I would not hing thing this whole relationship on the word 'beautiful'. Talk with him and ask him. Communication is essential. Don't worry about being burned because he may not like you.
    You need to try and see otherwise you lost him anyway. More opportunities are ruined by doubt and fear than trying and failing. Do not be afraid of rejection or failure--these bring that much closer to your goal.
    Your answer--I think he like you.