+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need ideas

Need ideas

Hey guys. Would love some feedback from you all. For a long time i have known i want to set up my own business. The problem is i am struggling to find a gap in the market. I obviously need to start small and i need some ideas on what type of business to set up. I have long term plans such as setting up a tyre depot with my partner (hes v experienced in this area) but the cost is too high right now so i need ideas on how to work up to that i have considered fashion but the profit is too low and the market right now is very slow so thats out. I dont have enough experience right now for whatever idea your going to throw at me but once i have a proper goal i can start working towards it.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Are there business groups where you are that can help? In the US we have the Chamber of Commerce, the Small Business Administration and it's local Small Business Development Centers all of which off coaching, assistance, & referrals. There are organziations like the National Association of Women Business Owners, BNI (which is a referral group) etc.

There are many self help books on the market. I suggest: Profits aren't Everything, They are the Only Thing; What they Still Don't Teach you At Harvard Business School; Birthing the Elephant; Marketing for Dummies; The Toiletpaper Entrpreneur etc. All are available through sites like Amazon & Barnes & Noble. Good luck.

Thanks for your response dolmom. Unfortunately my circumstances have changed over night. I have just been made redundant and i am now applying for jobs everywhere. My plan will have to be put on hold for awhile until i am back on my feet. Im very disapointed but determined to get a job in the next week. I have a list of over 200 places where i will be applying tomorrow and i wrote to five recruitment agencies today and also responded to 20 job adverts so fingers crossed! I need a miracle right now. I only just got a new job 2 months ago. I left a secure job on the promise that i would have at least 12months full time but they are closing it down now after spending 20,000 doing it up.. im shocked!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".