+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you do on halloween?

what do you do on halloween?

go to a costume party?
    stay home and hand out candy?
    watch horror movie marathons?
    take kids or younger bros/sisters out trick/treating?
    pranking friends or neighbors homes?

if you went to any costume parties snap pics and show us.

i am going to some buddies and watching horror movies, drinking beer and eating pizza. lol no dressing up.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I LOVE Halloween. My favorite holiday. To be honest, though, more often than not, I don't do much actually ON Halloween itself. I usually wind up taking it as a day to relax in front of the TV for a few horror movies, while also being in costume to hand out candy to Trick Or Treaters. But, I start celebrating Halloween on my own around Mid-September (sometimes sooner). I start my own personal horror movie marathon. By "marathon" I don't mean I watch a ton back to back to back all at once. I just watch one or two horror movies every day. Often times, I'll do a series, like Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, Saw, Hellraiser, etc.

I also tend to have at least one costume party to go to, but again, that is usually not on Halloween day itself. I also tend to go to at least one or two haunted attractions (again, not day of either). This year, I also saw Evil Dead the Musical this month. It was A LOT of fun. Today, unfortunately, I am working. LOL! Taking a late lunch at the moment. I did bring a Phantom of the Opera mask and skeleton gloves, but not really wearing them since not a whole lot of people did anything, so I feel goofy being basically the only one.

Tonight I am sure I will watch a horror movie or two, and I will probably put on my Halloween costume for the year (which I already got to wear last weekend at a party) to hand out candy.

Already decorated. Full size chocolate bars and cold soda ready, just need to purchase a case of beer and then pound a few before I hand out candy.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The first two year my husband and I were together we handed out candy and we got over 200 kids EACH YEAR at our house (we lived in a complex with like 150 units so everyone in town brought their kids there). So the way we see it, we've done enough handing out of candy to last a lifetime and we now have our annual 'Halloween Grinch Date' which involves going straight from work to dinner and then a movie. We never see a kid all night and it's awesome. Actually we caught a 7:00 show and there was only 4 other people in it, so it was perfect.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

We didn't get as many this year (around 100 kids) but it's better than running out of treats. For us, in our old skool neighbourhood, we couldn't give up this tradition for anything. It gives the kids and immigrants a step back in time to when Halloween was fun, running house to house, seeing all the decorations, getting spooked. I don't think too many get to experience that nowadays.

We went out last week with some friends and dressed up. On Halloween we didn't do anything particular because we had to work the next day. The day after, we carved pumpkins.

My roommate and I handed out candy, listened to some music and got dressed after for a Halloween party. My costume was Alice In Wonderland ( got to wear a long blonde wig, which I loved) and we danced, ate food and later watched a Saw movie. That was it for this year.

I did nothing. Here that celebration doesn't excist. We follow Spanish traditions.

I actually had school all day... The college life

I forgot to say I dressed my cat up in a witch hat and orange wig for cats and black cape thingo.

Quote Originally Posted by joanna1 View Post
    I forgot to say I dressed my cat up in a witch hat and orange wig for cats and black cape thingo.
    How did the cat feel about that? LOL! Cats usually hate that stuff. Though, one cat I had, we had a bow tie collar for him. We'd put it on him from time to time and funny enough, he actually loved it. He wouldn't want you to take it off of him.

Well, tbh they did not like the hat it stayed on by holding them when we answered the door and held hat onto them, cape was more successful but constantly rewarding with special kitty treats helped, but they wanted hat off. Dogs are much more agreeable to outfits. A bow tie on a cat sounds classy and adorable. It looked similar to this image ( not my cat )

LOL! Well, the kitty cat in this picture looks very annoyed. :-) I do have a picture of my big guy in a bow tie, but not here or I would post.

my thanks switched to reputation points only, do we have a limit on thanks now, i saw that post about a new limit on making a thread for new posters, must be allowed to give 15 thanks or something then it switches? thanks to all past point i couldn't click, lol

@eviljester you do halloween up right, what's your favorite halloween movie to watch?

@smackie9 what type of beer do you prefer?

@joanna1 lol at that cat it looks like it is plotting its revenge rofl

@tropus i forgot about carving pumpkins i haven't done that since i was a kid, around here most halloweeners smash pumpkins on the road, what a mess.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Stay at home and enjoy the trick or treaters as the come to get candy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast