+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does it mean when a guy asks if you have a boyfriend?

What does it mean when a guy asks if you have a boyfriend?

There is this guy i know that has a girlfriend. He mentioned something about her and then asked if i have a boyfriend. Its possible that hes interested in me or something? I noticed that when he says something about her, he looks at me... i think he do that to see my reaction, anyway...
    But, there is a problem: i did caught he watching me a thousand times, and he did flirt with me also... he looks at my face, my eyes...You know, things that people do when they're into you.
    Now he doesnt do this anymore. I feel that hes kind of hostile with me, but i cant see the reason why he acts this way with me.

I just want to FIND OUT the reason he treats me this way and HOW should i behave around him...
    Can someone help me?
    Thanks

He's being a slime ball for hitting on other girls when he has a GF.....as flattering as his attention is to you, don't let it go to your head......he's the type that doesn't respect boundaries....you would be best to keep your distance.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    He's being a slime ball for hitting on other girls when he has a GF.....as flattering as his attention is to you, don't let it go to your head......he's the type that doesn't respect boundaries....you would be best to keep your distance.

Hes really charming when he wants, and its true, i like his attention to me. The problem is that hes the teacher where i do pilates class, so i see him at least 3 times in a week.
    Im tired of his behavior towards me, but hes a good professional. So, i really need to know how to behave and make him stop being so annoying with, but idk how i do it. :/

Tug is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    If he's going to emotionally cheat on his current g/f what makes you think he wont do the same thing to you? Tell him to grow up and be a man end one relationship before he starts another.

Im aware of this.
    The thing is i want to know if what he asked means that hes into me. What do you think?
    If so, i will behave more "carefully", lets say, when i see him.

Quote Originally Posted by little.girl View Post
    Im aware of this.
    The thing is i want to know if what he asked means that hes into me. What do you think?
    If so, i will behave more "carefully", lets say, when i see him.
    He is most definitely into you if he asked 'Do you have a boyfriend?'. It's one of those things that guys ask to gauge a girls reaction. The answer to the question, regardless of 'yes' or 'no' is indicative because he can get a good sense of how you feel about him.

You should decide what you want. If you want to get to know him better and think he may be a good new/replacement partner, then you should keep going to class and continuing as per normal.

If whatever you have right now with your current partner is good for you, then make it clear that you are not interested in the pilates-guy by avoiding eye-contact, not continuing small talk, leaving as soon as class is finished etc. Since he's a good professional like you claim, he'll get the idea. Worst case scenario, look for another class!

You say he's professional....well he's not if he's behaving this way towards you......The only solution is to find another instructor.

don't step into a relationship with him, or it'll be doomed from the very first week. Bet he wants some fun, and remain in a relationship

IMO a guy wouldn't ask this unless he was interested in you.

It's means exactly what it says. He's definitely looking for a possibility with you.

Im not sure if he really is interested. Today he mentioned his girlfriend again...

Grow up. Post in teenage section till then.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Grow up. Post in teenage section till then.
    To be honest, i dont know what i did wrong here...

You did nothing wrong. Its just you are in wrong place.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Sometimes people just ask questions out of curiousity. He's got a GF so worrying about the meaning behind the question is just meaningless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast