+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are you GUYS so afraid to start DANCING ?

I think it's mostly because they don't know how. Guys who know how to dance, don't hide it.

I dance all the time. I'm usually one of the few males on the dance floor and the rest are ladies. And the ladies love it. So I'm glad other men don't dance cause it increases my odds. Seriously, I've picked up plenty of girls and most of the time, at least the ice breaker and initial attraction was due to the dancing.

i don't know, i'd guess because if they can't do someone better than others around them they think they will look stupid and don't want to be made fun of or laughed at or feel awkward? i don't care if asked to dance i will get up and dance, no one expects you to be better than the girl who asks you and if someone gets up the nerve to ask me, then i will accept. no one has ever laughed at me dancing so.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by crederer View Post
    I dance all the time. I'm usually one of the few males on the dance floor and the rest are ladies. And the ladies love it. So I'm glad other men don't dance cause it increases my odds. Seriously, I've picked up plenty of girls and most of the time, at least the ice breaker and initial attraction was due to the dancing.
    Exactly, that is why I don't get it why they strive away from it.
    When I suggest other males to try it out, it's not about comparing yourself to others as it takes time to develop any skill, but another avenue to meet single women, challenge yourself, build self-confidence, and most of all have fun.
    Guys are hard on themselves, because they don't get instant gratification, but women appreciate that your at least willing to try, because most of them have it as part of their life.
    I don't consider myself to be a great dancer, but I know when I have improved and when a girl says that she liked dancing with me, it makes all the time I put into it, worthwhile.

We get it dude, you like dancing.

Other people don't. I don't find it particularly exciting or interesting. It has nothing to do with being afraid, or having a lack of confidence.

I'm confident as hell, but I still don't want to do something that I think is pretty lame. Also, I could give a rat's @ss if women like men who dance. I do what I want because I want to, not because I'm trying to impress a shallow girl who somehow connects dancing with a man's worth.

I am a guy and I am expected to like American Football, Hockey, MMA, Boxing .. Which I really don't care about any of those.
    I am also not much of a drinker, and haven't smoked just to be cool.
    I find these type of hobby to be a great of exercise, so it can't be lame because of that reason.
    There are a lot more lamer activities than that, like :
    Drinking at a bar, restaurant, seeing a movie in the theatre (I still go, but you just sit there for 2+ hours), nightclub (not Latin, just regular), and so on
    Last edited by Kromat83; 09-11-13 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    I am a guy and I am expected to like American Football, Hockey, MMA, Boxing .. Which I really don't care about any of those.
    I am also not much of a drinker, and haven't smoked just to be cool.
    I find these type of hobby to be a great of exercise, so it can't be lame because of that reason.
    There are a lot more lamer activities than that, like :
    Drinking at a bar, restaurant, seeing a movie in the theatre (I still go, but you just sit there for 2+ hours), nightclub (not Latin, just regular), and so on
    Ill beat that. I'm not into watching sports or Dancing....Both are lame

I surf, work, work on my house and talk with/fucck my wife......thats about all I have time for
    Last edited by surfhb2; 09-11-13 at 07:14 PM.

I tend to sweat a lot so me dancing? hope there is some good ventilation and me using some good cologne.
    Last edited by ineedtoflyaway; 09-11-13 at 08:54 PM.
    "People say its lonely at the top but, I sure love the view."

Kromat what was the hardest part when you started dancing? How you got over it?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Three words:

You.

Will.

JUDGE.

When I started to date the dance was a pretext to strike up a conversation with a woman. A way to break the ice as someone said out above.
    Today on the other hand, young people dance alone or with another from the same sex, in group, etc. It has lost the sense of dance as a flirting and as first step of dating IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Kromat what was the hardest part when you started dancing? How you got over it?
    I was a Chubby shy kid around 19, didn't talk to any girls really throughout my high school days.
    I did have a bunch of male friends, but during elementary school I was quite a loner and even got bullied.
    I didn't start to talk all that much during my dance lesson either.
    It wasn't until the 3rd year that I got my confidence and got complimented on my dancing, that I wanted to
    I knew I wanted to learn more.
    I am now started with Salsa, Bachata and Merengue and in late September I learned Zouk which is a great dance I
    I will start in April of next year.
    P.S. With so many different styles to learn , it'll be with you the rest of your life,
    and would love to share this hobby with a significant other, and make her happy to
    dance with me.
    Now I do it for the fun of it, challenge myself, share some tips,
    and make people enjoy their time.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 13-11-13 at 04:26 AM.

Dancing is still lame

I love dancing men

My wife and I plan to take ballroom dancing lessons when we move back to civilization.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast