+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Job hunting and afraid I'll be disappointed with my hopes of meeting guys at job.

Job hunting and afraid I'll be disappointed with my hopes of meeting guys at job.

I've been rejected before (he stops calling and texting completely) and I was abandoned by my parents (my mom cares for half-brother but not my sisters and I, which made me feel like I was unlovable and that I didn't measure up to how a child should be).

My sister has a history of rejections and feel like I might be destined to be single. I'm afraid I'll follow in her footsteps (be rejected all the time). I'm going job hunting after Christmas and am afraid that if I get a job I'll have no success in dating (I'm applying at the movie theater and Starbucks for examples). I'm afraid I'll just be the girl who goes to work and comes home. No co-worker friends or dates with customers or dates with guy co-workers. Then, I'm worried I'll get rejected again by the guy not calling (if I'm lucky to get a date). I've never been approached or asked on a date.

I'm skinny, pale, brown hair and eyes. Not too tall or short. Soft spoken and kinda shy. No boobs. Any advice on how to attract guys at the movie theater (where I hope to work) or anywhere? Advice is needed!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not quite sure why you lump your day job with your boyfriend hunt.

How did you lose your last job? Dating the customers is generally considered unprofessional.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Few questions.

How old are you.

Where are about are you from? (urban, rural, suburban)

What are your career goals/life goals/hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'm not quite sure why you lump your day job with your boyfriend hunt.
    two different things actually very bad idea to mix them
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I agree with the other comments that it is not ideal to mix work and dating. I have a feeling you have seen your friends do it and everyone sort of commune at various social locations like the movie theater or the coffee shop. But the best way to handle this type of situation is to concentrate on developing friendships. The best relationships develop out of friendships. And you wind up having fun while they develop.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

If your are purposefully looking for a job to eventually getting a guy, you are going about it all wrong.

Generally people get a job to WORK & get paid for working to pay bills etc., NOT use their place of EMPLOYMENT as a dating service. Plus as others have said it's not always the best policy to be dating co-workers. Most jobs frown upon that & may even have rules set up against it.

Why not get a job FIRST, then work on starting to talk to your co-workers, maybe make a friend/acquaintance that you can hang out with. No I'm not meaning just guys either. You can talk to a girl, become friendly with her & hopefully start to hang out. From there maybe when you start doing something outside of your job you can meet a guy.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your job hunt should be to get a job NOT looking for a bf.